1753783 Members
6842 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procurve 1810G Hangup

Haberkuk
Occasional Visitor

Procurve 1810G Hangup

Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me. We've been troubleshooting this problem for 2 days now. We have a bunch of Procurve 1810G.

• They are running the most recent firmware
  • It isn't a configuration problem since there are switches with absolutely identical configuration (i have checked every setting) which work perfectly. After a reboot the flawed switches work again like expected
  • It isn't an intermediate network problem since we tested it with a directly attached host

After a while some of our Procurve 1810G become unreachable on Layer 3 (management interface is not pingable anymore, it doesn't even answer ARP requests). The Switching layer still works like a charm.

What makes things even more strange is that one host exists which is still able to ping the device. The reason why it can ping the switch is the configured MAC-Address which is from the DECNet Range (AA-00-04-00-......). As soon as we configure this MAC-Address on an other device this device can ping the switch, but no other device is able to ping it. After rebooting the switch the management interface is pingable again. We're not able to lock down the problem further since the debugging options are rather limited and for example the mac-address-table cannot be cleared without rebooting the whole switch. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProCurve / ProVision-Based to  Web and Unmanaged. -HP Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Patrick R
Frequent Advisor

I have a switch behaving the same way, could you provide more details 

-which firmware do you mean

- SNMP inolved

- when you end the management session do you logout or just close the browser

Haberkuk
Occasional Visitor

I cannot say anything about the firmware, since I have no access to the switches at the moment (I will update this).

There is no SNMP in use at the moment. Usually the browser is just closed without logging off.