Web and Unmanaged
1753937 Members
9642 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Procurve 1810g Timeserver Access Rate Adjustment?

wmahvd
Occasional Contributor

Procurve 1810g Timeserver Access Rate Adjustment?

Hello,

I have an 1810g-8 switch, and can't figure out how to adjust the SNTP access rate - it seems to want to access the time server every minute or so, and to write a log entry for an access every few minutes. These entries very quickly fill up the log so that I lose log entries that I might actually care about. And it appears that by adjusting the log severity to eliminate the NTP messages, I also disable other messages, for example - ports going down (which you would think would be classified at a higher priority, but a down port is severity "info" and an NTP access is at severity "notice", which is higher ??? ). The switch is at firmware version P.1.17, and although there are a couple of later releases on the HP website, the release notes for them don't show any SNTP/NTP bug fixes or feature changes. This seems so ridiculous that I assume I must be missing something, but I don't know what it is. Any advice would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Procurve 1810g Timeserver Access Rate Adjustment?

This is not a ProCurve managed switch, so the question really belongs in the Web and Unmanaged forum (http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Web-and-Unmanaged/bd-p/switching-v-series-forum).

I found a lot of things about the 1810g ridiculous, so don't assume that you're missing something... ;-)
Regards,
Paul
wmahvd
Occasional Contributor

Re: Procurve 1810g Timeserver Access Rate Adjustment?

Sorry, I see several other threads here regarding the 1810g, so I thought I might find an answer. I have also posted this on the forum you recommended.