1753905 Members
9806 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Questions about our V1810-48G Switches

oujimenez
Occasional Visitor

Last May this year, when we installed 11 units of HP V1810-48G using PK 1.14 firmware we experienced network outages even when these switches were not connected in a loop.  Randomly, we were unable to access the web interface of the switch, users also got disconnected from the network, and we had to reboot the switch to restore web interface access and user access. We resolved this by upgrading the switches to firmware version PK 1.15, we though these resolved the issue.

Until recently users noticed that they were getting disconnected from the network due to the switches rebooting randomly.

I think whatever was causing the HP 1810 to hang in the PK 1.14 was not resolved, they just added a reboot command in PK 1.15 so we think the problem was resolved but actually the switch reboots when it encounters the problem that is causing it to hang in the first place.

Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

Do you perhaps have any of the "green ethernet" features enabled?

If so, try to disable them (should be disabled by default).

pascal_robert

We also have the same issue. We have 3 1810G-48 switchs who are connected together, but without loop protection and with firmware 1.15. Worked fine for months, but now we have 4 "dead" ports. We are not getting any alerts by SNMP either.

Bob_G
Occasional Visitor

Same here weekly 2 or 3 ports stop responding, reboot fixes it. Has anyone actually opened a support ticket?

miyzfrider

We have the exact same issue occurring with our HP V1810-48G.  We've had it about 2.5 years and every so often, I'll come into the office to find several PC's not connecting to our DHCP and Domain Controller.  I can move the cable to a different port and it fires right up.  Then when I switch the cable back to the original port, most times that works again, obviously as a "reboot" of sorts.  Seems to be no rhyme or reason to the issue, but very frustrating!  While I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one, I'm also wondering if HP has fixed this?

Wolfgang Huse

Hello, same problem here... 3x V1810-48G, loosing connectivity on serveral ports (link is shown but no ip traffic) till reboot...

Regards,

Wolfgang

PF-

http://tinyurl.com/lxdt3qu

(HP Won't let me paste an HP link in here..)

Sounds like the fix is in firmware PK 1.21

Sadly PK.1.18 is the latest available for download.

Alexandr17
Occasional Contributor

Where can I download PK1.21 firmware to solve this problem.

mp2412

We were considering buying 3 of these switches, has this issue been resolved?

I dont see a link to v1.21 either?

Dezz

We have this issue with our 1810-48g, where ports will 'go to sleep'. Either a few users when they first logon or at random times during the day. The user loses access to the network and internet completely unless their connection is repatched to a different port or the switch (inconveniently) is rebooted. 

We applied the 1.21 firmware which I thought would fix this but it hit at least one user again today. I wouldn't put too much hope on the new firmware to fix your issue and I'm currently pursuing this via a support ticket.