5481 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Questions about our V1810-48G Switches

GeorgesGoebel
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same issue with some of these switches.

I got the 1.21 firmware today from the HP support and will apply it. I hope the issue will be fixed however the last post in this thread is not so positive for FW1.21

I let you know I the issue is fixed for us

Regards

Georges

EricAtHP
Esteemed Contributor

I just heard that there is a 1.26 version of the software that should be on the web in the next 4-6 weeks. Support has access to the software if someone wants to try before it gets there.

I am also excited to hear that the software release process is being updated so that releases should make it to the web about a week after it is released to support. Won't that be nice. :)

cpcjp

hsd
Occasional Visitor

please help ... i also need PKI 1.21

where i can download the firmware ?

many thanks

Bob_G
Occasional Visitor

If you open a support case you will have it in a couple hours. When you register the switch if you get an error "the entitlement is not found" the correct model number is J9660A.

Bob G.

jostafew

I called in to HP support and they sent me a DL link for 1.21. That being said, my switch continued to have problems even on 1.21, so when I called back a few months later they sent me a link to 1.23.

I've got two 1810-48G switches in service, both exhibited problems with ports randomly deciding to stop passing traffic, though the failure interval is a lot larger on one than the other. The one that fails more frequently is now on 1.23 and the other was updated to 1.21. Been running that way for a month or two without complaint, but I'd estimate the failure interval of those two devices to be about 2-3 months and 6 months+ for the other one, so I'm still uncertain about them.

ChrisCT

We have been having the connectivity problems described in this thread  with both the HP V1810-48G and the HP V1810-24G. The 48G was fine until we powered it down for a building transformer replacement. After that, ports started failing one at a time, including the SFP ports. I would not recommend HP switches for anything that requires even the slightest bit of reliability. Firmware updates on the 24G seemed to have helped, but we have a new Cisco switch standing by for the next failure.

Chris.

Airag
Regular Visitor

Newest firmware at the moment for the HP 1810-48G (J9660A) is PK1..34 (13-Apr-2017)

http://bit.ly/2taA889