108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Restore configuration file on 1920s switch

SOLVED
Go to solution
MathiasD
Occasional Advisor

Restore configuration file on 1920s switch

I want to know how do i restore a configuration file to the 1920s switch. I just couldn't find the option on the webpage. 

Can i resore a 1920 configuration file to the 1920s?

6 REPLIES 6
Michal Doležal
Frequent Advisor

You cannot restore 1920 configuration to 1920s because it is absolutely different device. 1920 is comware-based and 1920S is exProcurveAruba-based. 

For configuration restore you must use Backup and update manager in GUI. Here you can upload/download firmware and also configuration.

Michal Dolezal, DiS.
System engineer
AVE BOHEMIA, s.r.o.
MathiasD
Occasional Advisor

Michal, always when I try to download the configuration file from the switch to edit it on a text editor, it gives me the following error. 

So, you are saying that when I use the update option, it updates the configuration file and already restores the switch configuration?

JoMa1
Occasional Visitor

I also get that attached error message.  Anyone figure out a way to backup the settings on the HPE 1920S? 

MathiasD
Occasional Advisor
Solution

@JoMa1 just solved this problem updating the firmware to the 01.07 version. 

You cand find the download here -> PD.01.07

After updating the firmware, on the configuration files option under the maintenance menu, you have to select the running conguration file on the source and the backup file on the destiny. After this process, the current configuration that is running on the switch will be copied to the backup configuration file. Then you can download it, it won't show you the error anymore. Works just fine!

Regards 

nacoleon

Hi,

I've been trying to update the firmware for the past 2hours and it keeps failing. Could anyone post the steps.

From the backup and update manager menu I selected Backup code and attepted to upload PD.01.07.stk, but it failes with the same error that was mention above.

Thanks!

MathiasD
Occasional Advisor

@nacoleon Go to Maintenance,  Backup and Update Manager, and then HTTP Update(not Backup) option. The window will be like the attached one. After you choose the file, just click on "begin transfer". It should reboot the switch and update the firmware. About the error, i have never had in this option. 

switch.JPG