Web and Unmanaged
1748126 Members
3143 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Routing between two different VLAN subnets (HP 1950 OfficeConnect)

azkerm
Advisor

Routing between two different VLAN subnets (HP 1950 OfficeConnect)

Hi There,

I'm trying to figure out a way to add routing between two different VLAN subnets as seen below;

• VLAN10 - 10.1.0.0/16
  • VLAN20 - 10.2.0.0/20

I have tried adding a static routing on the switch as 0.0.0.0 with mask 0 and the next hop as the switch interface IP for the VLANs but it doesn't seem to work. I have looked into the switch manual and tried based on its example which didn't seem to work as well.

I'm not much of an expert in routing but if someone can point out as to where I am wrong, will be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Surreal2
Regular Visitor

Re: Routing between two different VLAN subnets (HP 1950 OfficeConnect)

Hi,

Can you have a look at these instructions and if it still doesn't work get the Support file or Display from the switch via the maintenance menu and paste the Display current configuration and routing output.

https://vmfocus.com/2012/09/26/how-to-configure-layer-3-static-routes-vlans-on-hp-v1910-24g/

azkerm
Advisor

Hi There,

Thank you for the link and I have tried that earlier like many times. Maybe I'm trying to understand it incorrectly.

What I have is two VLANS (40 & 45) with two different subnets/gateways. However, both the VLANs are segregated using a single switch. I'm pretty sure I have to add a static routing but not sure as to how.

Dunky
Regular Advisor

Is the gateway for each VLAN the VLAN interface on the switch? If so then you shouldnt need to add any routes.

If the gateway is elsewhere (ie. a router/firewall), then that is the device that will do the routing between the VLANs so you would need to check how the VLANs are connected to that device (i.e. via a dot1q trunk or physically separate links,

Hope that helps.