HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Web and Unmanaged
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up lacp

ac707spg
Occasional Contributor

Setting up lacp

Hi,

I have an HP 1910-24g (JE006a) switch, that I need to setup to use lacp.  I have two Synology NAS's that I have setup with dynamic link aggregation.  These two NAS are setup as a high-availability cluster.  Port 1 of each NAs is connected together to create the hearbeat between the cluster, and I have used lacp to aggregate ports 2-4 on each unit.  I am connecting all six LAN connections to the HP1910-24G switch. (I realize I should probably use two switches, but I don't have the luxury of being able to do this.)

Here's my question.  Do I create two LACP Dynamic groups and assign ports 2-4 from NAS1 to one group and ports 2-4 from NAS2 to a seaprate dynamic LACP group?  I haven't worked with this before, so I would love to hear from folks on what the recommended configuration is.  I would assume since they are different appliances that each would have a separate dynamic lacp group, but this is where  I need help.

Thanks so much for any help,

Scott

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to Web and Unmanaged. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

Re: Setting up lacp

Unless the doco for the NAS tells you that the devices' "clustering" creates a single virtual device, then yes, they are two separate devices each with their own IP address(es) and each NAS needs its own LACP group on the switch.

ac707spg
Occasional Contributor

Re: Setting up lacp

Thanks....I will give it a try.