Web and Unmanaged
1752583 Members
4455 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Trunking (LAG) two HPE 1920-48G: Best practices with VLAN and STP.

SOLVED
Go to solution
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hi 16again,

I'm adding this tiny follow-up because, in the end, I found that setting up the BAGG with LACP Dynamic was really simple once I started from (future) member ports in their Default state...so I correct my initial procedure with what I really did on both Switches:

1. Step 1 --> Created VLAN 5 (without defining its Interface, so no implicit IP/Routing for VLAN 5), added VLAN 5 tagged to GE1/0/1 - GE1/0/4 (future members of the BAGG), consequently Port Type changed from "Access" to "Hybrid".
  2. Step 2 --> Created BAGG1 and added required members ports (in my case GE1/0/1-GE1/0/4) to it, set LACP Dynamic for BAGG1.
  3. Step 3 --> Change BAGG1 from Port Type "Access" (set by default) "Hybrid" (automatically assigned) to Port Type "Trunk". BAGG1 Interface yet not assigned as Tagged member of any VLAN.
  4. Step 4 --> Change only BAGG1 Interface VLAN tagging assignment by adding VLAN 5 Tagged to it. This change didn't modify BAGG1 interface's type nor GE1/0/1-GE1/0/4 interface's types to "Hybrid" as I saw before; indeed assigning "Trunk" type to BAGG1 interface - as per Step 3 - changed its member ports' type to "Trunk" too automatically (so it's not required to do that initially on involved ports). Then VLAN tagging addition - as per Step 4 - didn't interfere and propagated to BAGG's member ports too following a top (BAGG) to (Member Ports) down way.

Results:

#
interface Bridge-Aggregation1
 port link-type trunk
 port trunk permit vlan 1 5
 link-aggregation mode dynamic
#
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1
 port link-type trunk
 port auto-power-down
 stp edged-port enable
 port link-aggregation group 1
#
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2
 port link-type trunk
 port auto-power-down
 stp edged-port enable
#
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/3
 port link-type trunk
 port auto-power-down
 stp edged-port enable
#
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/4
 port link-type trunk
 port auto-power-down
 stp edged-port enable
#

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Chanklish
Frequent Advisor

hello 

i have 2 switches (1920 and 1910) connected together via 1 cable only 

i want to increase the throughput and redundancy by adding 2 cables .. what should i should on the switch ports ? LADP ?