Web and Unmanaged
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access web interface for HP 1820-8G (J9979A)

Highlighted
Tinototem
Occasional Visitor

Unable to access web interface for HP 1820-8G (J9979A)

I am unable to access the web interface to configure my 1820-8G switch. I tried to access it by going to 192.168.1.1 with only my pc connected to it.
I then tried reseting it, were unable to access it. Tried to access it with my iPad using a USB to ethernet adapter same result.
Connected the swtich to an other switch and i noticed it gets assigned 192.168.1.2, tried to access that page that did not work. I can however brows the internet with my pc connected to the switch.
PC => 1820-8G => other switch => router => ISP

I have power cycled the switch. And i am out of ideas on how i can access the network interface to make configurations.

4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to access web interface for HP 1820-8G (J9979A)

Hi! Once resetted to deafult (and connected only to your PC) have you tried to connect to it (on 192.168.1.1 IP Address) AFTER 2 minutes once it finished its boot? that delay is necessary to let it finish waiting for a DHCP response (supposing you haven't a DHCP Server running on the network segment where the 1820 was first powered on).
Tinototem
Occasional Visitor

Yes i waited and tested, even took a few minutes to get my ipad and running, so it should have een using 192.168.1.1

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hi! it's unclear to me...so has it been solved? maybe it's my fault...but I can't easily understand because your answer isn't a full "Yes, it works now" or "No, it still doesn't work"...so did it work or not? I'm curious.

Tinototem
Occasional Visitor

I am sorry for beeing unclear, i have been taking the steps you suggested. My own trouble shooting took more then 10 minuts and i were unable to access the swtich at 192.168.1.1 i then connected the swtich to my other switch and noticed it gets 192.168.1.2 thru DHPC. But i am still unable to access the web interface.

I still have issues both with DHCP and static IP, i have tried to rebot it by plugging out and in the power. I have tried reset. I have tried accessing the swtich from multiple devices.

The error i get in chrome is

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.2 took too long to respond.