108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unmanaged web interface 1920-24 - JG926A

SOLVED
Go to solution
santomas
Occasional Contributor

Unmanaged web interface 1920-24 - JG926A

Hello, I have few 1920-24G - PoE in my network and they sometimes respond for pings and I can managed by web and sometimes not but even they are not managed they are passing trafficc properly.  I have found some posts from 2011 and 2012 regard 1810 and Procurve Switches, and I see there is no solution for this.  Now I have jg926a-cmw520-r1110.bin installed do you know solution for this?

5 REPLIES 5
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Always better to (re)test against the latest available software release published for your Switch series: If I were you I will test again after updating your JG926A HPE OfficeConnect 1920-24G Switch to latest R1120 software release.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
santomas
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for reply. I will do this and let you know but first I have to schedule maintanance. I doubt if this resolve the issue anyway. I wonderning why this issue or bug or something is not solved by HP, it occurs for years in various types of devices.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

For what is worth I personally can say that I never found such issue on various HPE OfficeConnect 1920 Switches I installed at various customer sites (ranging from 8 ports to 48 ports)...but I've always been sure to use the latest software release available at deployment date and then I continued to update them up to R1120.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
santomas
Occasional Contributor

I have found the issue. Some ports were set as hybrid and didn't have native(untaged) vlan and suppose native is needed for mananagement.  Now I have changed to trunk with native vlan and everything looks fine. 

Anyway thanks for help.

santomas
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Hey, I have found solution, the reason that I couldn't managed my switches was arp table. Switch has 256 arp table and my switch had it full so I couldn't connect to switch.