1752800 Members
5453 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

WOL not working with Procurve 1810-24G v2

AztechIT
Occasional Visitor

WOL not working with Procurve 1810-24G v2

I am pulling my hair out on this one and have already spent days seraching the web but without a result.

a month ago I purchased the Procurve 1810-24G v2 for a client and other than setting a network IP address the configuration is the default out of the box configuration. However, since installation I am no longer able to wake ANY system using either N-Able's WOL task, or using TeamViewer, or a program I use when all else fails called ecEOL.exe.

From some of the research I have done, this appears to be related to the HP switch, and since it was working fine prior to the installation of this switch, then I tend to agree.

Is there something that need to be configured for this to function? I see the systems have a 10Mbp link where it is waiting for the magic packet, but it just doesn't receive it.

This is the first HP Procurve switch I have ever purchased and since I have never had this issue in te past (been in business 14yrs) then it looks like it will be the last since I cannot remotely manage my client's network effectively.

any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Damien

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProCurve / ProVision-Based to Web and Unmanaged. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
BuGless
Occasional Advisor

Re: WOL not working with Procurve 1810-24G v2

Try disabling all the "green" features, if you accidentally enabled them.  It is my impression that they sometimes are not well tested yet and that they present unexpected (even to the HP switch developers) interactions with some of the normal functionality.