New Discussion

Web Interface drops on HP 1810-48g J9660A

SOLVED
Go to solution
AdamMenski
Occasional Visitor

Web Interface drops on HP 1810-48g J9660A

Hello all,

I have a weird problem and dont know how to proceed.

My HP 1810-48g was working fine for over a year now. Last week I decided to update the firmware to the latest version (1.38) and in the process move the management web interface to a different VLAN (30) and a different IP (192.168.30.4).

The switch went smoothly and everything worked as expected. After one day I wanted to change some settings on the web interface but it was not reachable anymore. Pulling the power plug for several seconds didnt bring the web interface back up. I received no response via ping from any OS (tested server 2019, windows 10, ubuntu 18.04 LTS, FreeBSD 12) for the management IP (192.168.30.4).

So there was no other explanation: I had misconfigured something along the way. Factory reset it is. Said and done. Everything was back to factory settings and I started configuring. Everything was up and running again as expected until the next day. The web interface was not reachable, no ping response whatsoever.

Im a bit lost here. Can someone explain whats going on? Did anyone already have that kind of issue?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
AdamMenski
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: Web Interface drops on HP 1810-48g J9660A

The issues is solved. It was a misconfiguration on my part. My firewall decided to block the connection for whatever reason.