108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: configurando de link agregation no V1920 24G

SOLVED
Go to solution
parnassus
Honored Contributor

I didn't understood what you want to achieve...but, doesn't matter, the basic important rules are:

• You can design a single port Uplink between two Switches
  • You can design an aggregated ports Uplink (LAG) between two Switches
  • You can design some aggregated ports Uplinks (LAGs) from a central Switch to multiple - not interconnected - Switches (no loops!).
  • You must ensure that your LAGs and involved ports fulfill Port Trunking requirments and restrictions, just one as example: you must use same Media Types, Speeds and Duplex Modes for any Uplink's member ports on both ends of each trunk.

So basically (just to keep it simple) you can design any "Star Topology" or "Daisy Chain Topology" with your Switches, the important thing to remember is to use ONE Port Trunking Aggregation Group or ONE single port Uplink to connect any permitted combination of your Switches without creating loops (so not for ANY possible combination).

You can have, as example, Switch A trunked to Switch B with two 1 Gbps ports (LAG1) as you have now, then you can configure another two free 1 Gbps ports to work (slowing them down) at 10/100 Full Duplex and create a second LAG (LAG2) on Switch A to connect to the slower Switch C (LAG1) if this one has only some free 10/100 Ethernet Ports (copper) and nothing else...or if your Switch C has two free 1 Gbps Ethernet Ports (copper) you can use them in a LAG to trunk to Switch A as you did between Switch A and Switch B ending up with Switch A that has - concurrently - two fast (2x1Gbps) separate LAGs respectively to Switch B and to Switch C.

But, again, no matter how simple...you Network Topology is up to you and to you design requirements.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
JR_Oliveira
Advisor

hello Parnaso, thank you for all the help so far.
I have in my network my two Switches HP 1920-24G Switch model JG924A and 1 HP 1910-48 Switch JG540A. My question is if I create a link between the Aggregation and JG924A JG540A I would be losing performance? The best practice would be to keep this case only one uplink JG540A for JG924A or in both cases would lose performance in the 1920?

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hi, I don't understand your question.

What do you mean with "losing performance" regarding the usage of one or more Port Trunking?

Generally...when physical ports are aggregated together in a LAG (on both ends of a link) and a Port Trunk is then used between two Switches...the communication throughput between them gains performance (and, sure, the communication gains resiliency).

So you don't lose anything.

Networking best practices teach to use Port Trunking with LACP...but...if you can't (because you haven't any free port to aggregate together, you simply don't want, you just haven't free cables, Switches doesn't support Static/Dynamic Port Trunking or...for whatever other reason) simply stay with a single port Uplink.

Said so, IMHO, you should be able to use the two 2 RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports of your HPE OfficeConnect 1910-48 (JG540A) to create a LAG and use that LAG to perform a Port Trunking to Switch A or to Switch B, whatever your topology requires.

In the Switch A or B you will create the second LAG (Group 2) in order to connect to the JG540A.

No more, no less.

I'm not an HPE Employee
JR_Oliveira
Advisor

Perfect! thank you so much for the lesson.

Now I found a manual V1920 and I will try to give coninuidade configuration through him , but his explanation was very good. Just one more question , Is there any practice of security that I can configure in the V1910 Switches Family / V1920 which increases network security ?

parnassus
Honored Contributor

@JR_Oliveira wrote:

Just one more question , Is there any practice of security that I can configure in the V1910 Switches Family / V1920 which increases network security ?

It's hard to provide valuable answers without knowing what do you exactly mean with increase network security on your HPE OfficeConnect 1920/1910 Switches.

As example a very simple answer could be: first of all, keep your Device's Software updated...clearly it's just the first step of many.

Said so, there is a generic HP Technical White Paper called "HP Networking guide to hardening Comware-based device"...and, since both HPE OfficeConnect 1910 and 1920 are Comware 5.20 based, that guide could be a good introduction on hardening (securing) your devices.

You can find the guide here: if you need a more specific help please create another Post under the Comware sub-category here.

I'm not an HPE Employee
JR_Oliveira
Advisor

hello , once again thank you for the clarification , I will follow the link to see if I can take the doubt and if I still have a need , I'll create another post. Thank you very much!