6792 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

issue dynamic vlan assignment with radius on hpe 1920s

Ikhsan
Occasional Visitor

issue dynamic vlan assignment with radius on hpe 1920s

please help me.

i was config my switch hpe 1920s as authenticator.

my config, port access :

- admin mode=enable

- vlan assignment mode = enable

- dynamic vlan creation mode = enable

- monitor mode = enable

- EAPOL flood mode = disable

i was create vlan 10 and 20, tagged to interface for supplicant. i dont know why the supplicant always getting assign vlan 1. the notification is dot1x authentication failure. i dont know the format mac address for registering to radius. i'm using format xxxxxxxxxxxx lowercase.

thank you

7 REPLIES 7
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: issue vlan assignment with radius on hpe 1920s

Hello @Ikhsan ,

I believe you have to assign vlan from drop down list to particular port.

VLAN-->Port Membership

Sim.JPG

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Ikhsan
Occasional Visitor

hello @akg7 

thanks, it must be config untag or tag? interface for supplicant i config vlan 1 untag, 10 tag, and 20 tag.

can you tell me specific configuration what i should to do it?

thanks

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @Ikhsan ,

Tagged--Trunk Port

Untagged--Access Port

If supplicant on VLAN 10 and VLAN 20  is host then yes it should be untagged.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Ikhsan
Occasional Visitor

@akg7 

i tried tag all vlan on interface supplicant, but the notification dot1x failure. and authenticator always assign vlan 1.

thanks

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @Ikhsan ,

First you can check if VLAN 10 and VLAN 20 is binded to those itnerfaces or not?

Go to  VLAN-->Port Membership and from drop down VLAN ID  select vlan 10 and select the interfaces which you bind to vlan 10 and click on edit and select untagged and include.

Repeat same for VLAN 20.

Thanks!

Ikhsan
Occasional Visitor

its mean vlan static, right? i mean from my post is i want to assign dynamic vlan. if i register my mac add pc on radius server, and i assign vlan 10, that pc will automatic getting vlan 10 when i plug the cable anywhere.

thanks

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Alright, Is this the exact error or some few more words are there - 'dot1x authentication failure' ?

Please share logs from device?

Thanks!