Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compaq S6900NX Support?

Dominic_13
Occasional Contributor

Compaq S6900NX Support?

Hello,

I've loaded x64 on the Compaq S6900NX desktop (AMD64). It appears a few drivers are missing like the Audio Controller, USB and Modem drivers. Will these be available from HP shortly?
4 REPLIES
Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

Re: Compaq S6900NX Support?

64 bit computing is taking baby steps right now. most of the time it only requires the maintainer of the drivers to recompile them with a 64 bit compiler, but sometimes drivers need extensive changes to even get started with a 64bit os.

honestly i'm supprised you got that far. some companies just don't have their head straight for 64 bits. adaptec's 64bit drivers are compiled for a 32bit machine.
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Dominic:

Beta audio driver available here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True

Beta nVidia (nVidia nForce 150 chipset on your system) 64-bit drivers for WINXP are available here (they may work with W2K3):

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp64_4.34

Sorry, I couldn't find anything specific to USB or modem.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Thomas_168
Advisor

This forum is specifically setup to answer questions regarding Microsoft Windows Server 2003 for 64-Bit Extended Systems server operating system.

Please use this forum to ask questions regarding Microsoft Windows Server 2003 for 64-Bit Extended Systems server operating system only.

Though the Integration Note white paper is not yet published, we expect it to be published within a week or so, it will list the hp ProLiant servers supported with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 for 64-Bit Extended Systems. The s6900sx is not a ProLiant server we will provide support for with this server operating systems.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Thomas:

How do you know which OS Dominic is using? I have re-read everything in this thread and can't find any flaw in my assumption that he IS asking about "Windows Server 2003 for 64-Bit Extended Systems".

There is no forum specifically for 64-bit versions of WINXP. This seems as logical a place as any to post XP64 questions, in the absence of a specific one.

Why are you policeing this forum so hard?

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger