cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP issue with Smartstart-8.30.0-x64

Umesh Bhatta
Advisor

SNMP issue with Smartstart-8.30.0-x64

I have build 6 servers using Smartstart-8.30.0-X64(4 windows servr 2003 EE X64 and 2 Windows server SE X64).Now my problem is the SNMP server for all these servers goes down time to time . I am getting following this error in Windows EV.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Date: 12/2/2009
Time: 11:26:35 AM
User: N/A
Computer: xyz
Description:
The Data Protector Installation Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 4 time(s).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Can any one please tell the solution.
17 REPLIES
Robert Hawle
Occasional Advisor

Re: SNMP issue with Smartstart-8.30.0-x64

Has there been a solution for this?
I also have 3 DL380 G6 w2k3 x64 Server with this problem!
I found out that this problem seems to be caused by the HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions .
If SIM is making its Data collection the SNMP Service crashes with eventid 7034.
I have installed the version 8.30.0.0 but also tried 8.26 with no effect. If i change the Manage Agent settings, for example set the â Host Informationâ or â iSCSI Informationâ â Agent to inactive it works until I restart the SNMP Service. (Manage Agent can be found under Control Panel â HP Management Agents)

Iâ d also need a solution for this!
THX
Robert Hawle
Occasional Advisor

Has there been a solution for this?
I also have 3 DL380 G6 w2k3 x64 Server with this problem!
I found out that this problem seems to be caused by the HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions .
If SIM is making its Data collection the SNMP Service crashes with eventid 7034.
I have installed the version 8.30.0.0 but also tried 8.26 with no effect. If i change the Manage Agent settings, for example set the Host Information or iSCSI Information â Agent to inactive it works until I restart the SNMP Service. (Manage Agent can be found under Control Panel â HP Management Agents)

I´d also need a solution for this!
THX
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Hello:

This Data Protector troubleshooting document may help you:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01631245/c01631245.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Umesh Bhatta
Advisor

Thanks Robert for your response but I don't have any solution till now. I think this is due to any of HP's SNMP dependent software but still unable to figure out the root cause.
In my case following are the depend on SNMP service
1.HP Insight Foundation Agent
2.HP Insight NIC Agents
3.HP Insight Server Agents
4.HP Insight Storage Agents
Robert Hawle
Occasional Advisor

Hello!

I have done a workaround, maybe a bit dirty but in my case it works for 13 Server.
I removed the System Information agent in the Hp Management Agent Tools (screenshot). This settings can be found in the controll panel.

Please tell me if you have a better solution!

Thx
MASCIO
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I have the same problem (SNMP stop eventid 7034) on a HP BL460G6 Windows 2008 Std 32 bits server - HP PSP 8.30.

The latest upgrades I made were :

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - Smart Array P212, P410, P410i, P411, and P712m 2.72

&

HP StorageWorks Tape Drivers for Windows 3.0.0.0

Changing management setting didn't help.

Michele

Umesh Bhatta
Advisor

Can any one from HP replay this whats wrong with this SS 8.30?
MASCIO
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I suspect the v3.0.0.0 of HP StorageWorks Tape Drivers for Windows driver to stop the SNMP service and not just on W2K8, I had this behavior with W2K3 too. When downgrading to v2.2.0.0 the behavior disappear.

Michele
Robert Hawle
Occasional Advisor

In my case i am using HP StorageWorks Tape Drivers for Windows 2.2.0.0 and SMTP was crashing.
saxocb
Occasional Advisor

saxocb
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, here is the short version.
Go to: control panel - hp management agents - move performance monitor to inactive
MASCIO
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Tried, but no luck. Problem still present.
Maybe there is a mismatch between a DLL that SNMP use (MSV/C...) and an installed application. I used process monitor to watch
what was happening, but can't pinpoint what is shutting down the service.

Michele
MASCIO
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Since 2 days now, I stopped all HP agent related services and the SNMP service never stopped during this time.
Thinking to re-install PSP 8.30 or wait for the new release.

Michele
saxocb
Occasional Advisor

Hi Michele

What ever you decide, please let me know what you find out.
I only have this problem on prod servers, so quit difficult to stop services.

Thanx in advance

Claus
MASCIO
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

The problem was the agents, but cannot say the exact one. I installed the agents 8.40 (no reboot required) and till now, I don't have anymore the problem.

Michele
saxocb
Occasional Advisor

Thanx for not forgetting me, will wait a couple of days and see if you post any issues.
/claus
MASCIO
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Since a week now, the problem has not

reappeared. I consider the case close.

Michele