5658 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Backgroud after login off

Rooky
Regular Advisor

Backgroud after login off

Good morning everyone,
I have about 20 computers that connects to my windows 2003 server domain at work and every time a person log off it shows a blue screen with the log in window, but I want to add a backgroud with the logo of the company instead of that blue screen. Is there a way to do that? Can you guys please help me?
4 REPLIES 4
Edgar Zapata
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

You can do that through GPO.
Run gpmc.msc at a Domain Controller.

User configuration - Administrative templates - Desk/Active Desktop:
- Enable Active Desktop
- Active Desktop background

Hope this helps.
Rooky
Regular Advisor

Hi and thanks for your quick reply,
What I'm trying to say is that I want to add a background on each computer, not run a background when the user log off. For example: When you log under your account, there's a background that I set it up just using properties when you right click on each desktop, so I want to be able to see the same background when you log off.
Edgar Zapata
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rooky,

During logoff, Active Desktop is turned off and it removes the top background image but it leaves the last selected regular bitmap image (Blue wallpaper) you see when you logoff.

When the logoff process is complete, the background disappears entirely because backgrounds are stored in user settings. When you are not logged on, there are no user settings and therefore there is no background.

But check this out,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285187/en-us
Here's a way to fix it.

Hope it helps.
Edgar Zapata
Esteemed Contributor

By asking you to run gpmc.msc as I suggested up above I didn't mention you had to link the GPO to an OU.
All those 20 computers only had to be within the scope of management of that GPO, and therefore, the settings I mentioned would have applied to all computers within the OU (where the 20 computers are located at).
I thought that was obvious. Sorry for that.