Windows Server 2003
1753730 Members
4884 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Event ID: 15 RSM cannot manage library CdRom0. The database is corrupt.

Volker Kunert

Event ID: 15 RSM cannot manage library CdRom0. The database is corrupt.

The Problem occured after the installation of Service Pack 1 Windows 2003 Server (Domain Controller).
HP Support Packs auf Version 7.1 and 7.3
Its a Proliant DL380 G3 Server with a Compaq CD-Rom SN 124. Deleting the CDRom driver and the Removable Storage Libarie does not help.

Has anyone an idea?
5 REPLIES 5
Jack Hodson
Occasional Visitor

Re: Event ID: 15 RSM cannot manage library CdRom0. The database is corrupt.

I have pretty much this exact problem and its driving me mad, have you had any luck finding a solution, manual backups seem to work for me, but schedualled ones do not!

Thanks
Jack
Mike_972

I also have a very similar problem after installing Windows 2003 Service pack 1 (and also SBS Server Service pack 1).

We too have tried deleting and reinstalling the CD Rom drivers but to no avail.

As Jack Hodson mentioned, scheduled backups do not work reliably, but manual ones do. Curiously we have found that scheduled backups will work perhaps one time in ten.

On going into RSM within the Computer Management console, sometimes it displays its submenus (ie media, pools etc) properly, but very often it will not.
wstahn

I have also this problem on a HP server after upgrading to Windows Server 2003 SP1. Any solutions?

Regards
Wolfgang
Jack Hodson
Occasional Visitor

I really hope this can be bought to HPs attention to get a fix, currently my servers runs back ups ok but thats only because I keep the CDROM disabled - not best practice IMO.
MARCUS MCINTIRE

This is not an HP-specific issue as I am receiving the same error on some of the Dell servers I maintain. It is maddening because week after week it appears and I can't fix it. However, it does not seem to be affecting any of the systems on which I see it occurring.