5450 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Integrating application with MSCS.

Rajesh SB
Esteemed Contributor

Integrating application with MSCS.

Hi,

Iam basically worked on HPUX MCSG cluster.
Here, we have option to add on application service into the cluster resource group just adding startup/stop/monitor script plus associated sharedisk and Virtual IP.

How to add my cluster unaware application into Microsoft Cluster resource group? Also I would like to automated failover and monitoring.

Please give me some idea here.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh SB
2 REPLIES 2
Chris Ciapala
Trusted Contributor

It all depends on application.
First, you need new group with IP address, network name and most likely some storage. Next, you install app on both nodes, set all of it's services to manual startup. As a best practise, it should be running under domain account - possibly the same as MSCS itself or maybe other, specifically for this purpose. Test if you can start app on both nodes. Then shut it down and add service into MSCS config, using 'generic service'. Application should be using shared disk for storage. If you need some part of registry to be replicated after failover - there is that option there. And remember that service name to put in cluster must be short one, not the descriptive. Finally, set resource dependencies, most likely - network name and storage. Than you can test failovers, simulate resource failures, etc.
Hope this will help.
Rajesh SB
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Chris for your precise response.
This is very good input to attack on this.

Cheers,
Rajesh SB