6069 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Robocopy & Archive Bit

SOLVED
Go to solution
rgilinsky

Robocopy & Archive Bit

I want to do a full copy from a source folder to a destination folder. I also want to turn off the archive bit in the source folder. I don't see how to do that particular combination. (I see how to copy only files with the archive bit set and how to set the archive bit on the destination file but not the source file.) Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor
Solution

you cannot do this with robocopy

You can it with xxcopy:
/AC Clear src archive bit
http://www.xxcopy.com/xxcopy30.htm
Dan Robinson_4
Regular Advisor

Have you looked into a second command line using ATTRIB? Or are you worried RoboCopy might fail and then Attrib would set the flag anyway?
rgilinsky

Igor & Dan: Thanks to you both. The use of ATTRIB is the solution I've chosen. I haven't had much bad experience with robocopy. The only failures I've experienced have usually been caused by errors in my scripts, such as misspelled pathname. So I'm going with ATTRIB following each robocopy step. I figure the worst that can happen is the occasional missed file. Thanks again.
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

rgilinsky,
Since you are new on this forum read:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#22
rgilinsky

Igor, I followed the link. I got a page full of notes about how to be a member of IRTC. Which one in particular were you pointing me to? (The link ends with "#22" but the articles on the page aren't numbered.) The one at the top of the page was about assigning points to the answers. I did that yesterday, but I notice today they don't appear. I probably never pressed 'submit points.' I'll try again. Is this what you were referring me to?
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

>>about assigning points to the answers. I did that yesterday, but I notice today they don't appear. I probably never pressed 'submit points.' I'll try again. Is this what you were referring me to?

Yes, I mean assigning points.
Thanks !