4181 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

2008x64 R2 Beta--Drive Detection

Michael Barbere
Advisor

2008x64 R2 Beta--Drive Detection

Hello All:

I have a DL585 (G1) AMD64 machine that I am attempting to install Windows Server 2008 x64 R2 (Beta) on.

I am running into a problem with the install in these scenarios.

Install from Smart Start 8.20...it gets to the point of asking for the flat file directory which I point it to /mount/dvd or the .iso and it will not recognize either install location.
--This is a common issue in other threads but none of the recommended actions corrected the problem.

I wiped Array using the ACU and rebuilt it at boot (RAID 5). The install appears to go through without a problem until I reach the point where it is to configure the HDD partitions. The install does not recognize the array. I have an option to select a driver to load. I load up the SmartStart 8.20x64 disk and point the browse to the following location:

D:\compaq\drivers\w2008x64\hpahcisr

The Driver HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID Controller is not visible without unchecking the box "Hide drivers that are not compatible with hardware on this computer."

I install the driver anyway but it will not detect the drives when I return the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen.

I understand this is Beta but any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Barbere