1752729 Members
5884 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 G5 network card issue.

nhbilly
Frequent Advisor

DL380 G5 network card issue.

System was running w2k3 64bit with hp network configuration utility to team the add on nic and it worked fine.

I've formatted the system and install w2k8 r2 64bit std using smart start 8.70. Everything is loaded beautifully but I can not get connection to the internet when assigning static ip address with or without teaming the nic.

Nothing has changed on the network side. The system is using the same ip address.

I do not have physical contact with the server and I’m installing everything using iLO.

I’ve tried setting the nic 1000/Full and it disables itself. I can’t even get out to the internet to at least update the system. Unless there is a way to flash a new firmware on the system using iLO.

Thanks,

nhb

2 REPLIES 2
Chhaya_Z
Valued Contributor

Re: DL380 G5 network card issue.

Hi,

Could please check if the network drivers are properly installed?

if not then try to download the correct driver from HP website.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3288134&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121516&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1113#11395

Regards,

Chhaya

Regards,
Chhaya

I am an HP employee.
Was this post useful? - You may click the KUDOS! star to say thank you.
nhbilly
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL380 G5 network card issue.

The network guys finally looked into the cisco switch and the ports was set to channel group/teaming. Which caused the connection issue. Settings was cleared and now everything is working.