1748175 Members
4413 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Array Configuration Utility is crashed

AndreyZ
Advisor

HP Array Configuration Utility is crashed

The latest HP Support pack for Windows 2008 R2 is installed. I try to run HP Array Configuration Utility, it crashed with error:

Equipment Address: AMT, Moscow, , , Moscow, , 115162, RussiaProduct Number :415900-421, Serial Number :GB87044AMYInstalled the latest HP Support Pack 8.30 for Windows 2008 R2. When I try to run HP Array Configuration Utility, I see the following issue: Faulting application name: hpacubin.exe, version: 8.35.7.0, time stamp: 0x4aa97688 Faulting module name: infomgr.dll, version: 5.9.6.0, time stamp: 0x4a9eec7e Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0004e67e Faulting process id: 0x1740 Faulting application start time: 0x01cabb9deed59efb Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Compaq\Cpqacuxe\bin\hpacubin.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Compaq\Cpqacuxe\bin\infomgr.dll Report Id: 3229b413-2791-11df-980a-0018718c84bf

There were some array changes. Some arrays were deleted and re-created.

I try to re-install HP Array Configuration Utility, it doesn't help.

It seems something is wrong in the disk configuration. I see cpu spikes for vds.exe, it eats 38% cpu for 3-5 seconds.

How to fix that ?

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
AndreyZ
Advisor

Moderators, can you please delete Equipment Address/serial/etc ?

Thanks
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

you could boot the smartstart cd of course in offline and check the HP ARRAY status, if somtehing s wrong.

mikap
AndreyZ
Advisor

All is ok, no errors in the SmartStart ACU.

How to debug this issue ?
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

second option is to call HP and ask them.

mikap
AndreyZ
Advisor

Russian helpdesk can't help me. They recommend to reinstall OS (!!!) and ACU.
They don't know, how to report about this issue.

It seems there is a bug in ACU.
How to report about bugs to HP ?
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

normally if we have som troubles, i always open a HW/SW call be HP support, and if its a big issue for our company i always notify, the HP account manager responsible for our company.

but what you recieved from the rusia support is correct, because you should have the latest ( or almost latest firmware / patches ), and if its not working them, maybe you should reinstall the OS.

I know its very difficult to reinstall the system if you have not possibility to make a downtime.

mikap
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,

try System offline hardware diagnostics for boot server with Smart Start --> Maintain server --> Insight Diagnostic Offline edition : Complete test + all devices + unattendend + Number of loop = 3 ( u can select 1 loop test but 3 will provide more accurate result)

Regards.
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

AndreyZ
Advisor

I did 3 loops test, no errors. Hardware is ok.
A.Maksimov
Advisor

I have the same problem. Fresh install Windows Server 2008 R2 with 19TB GPT disk.
While on a GPT disk does not have a logical volume - ACU ACUCLI and functioned normally. Once installed on the disk DPM2010 made тАЛтАЛa large number of logical volumes, I was getting errors when trying to open ACU and ACUCLI:

Faulting application name: hpacucli.exe, version: 8.70.8.0, time stamp: 0x4cf70328
Faulting module name: infomgr.dll, version: 6.0.1.0, time stamp: 0x4cd30100
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00061574
Faulting process id: 0x1bc0
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccbe0ac7424902
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Compaq\Hpacucli\Bin\hpacucli.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Compaq\Hpacucli\Bin\infomgr.dll

Faulting application name: hpsum_hwdiscovery.exe, version: 4.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d508fe8
Faulting module name: infomgr.dll, version: 5.9.34.0, time stamp: 0x4cc0ada0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0005a452
Faulting process id: 0x1620
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccbdff486e13b0
Faulting application path: C:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcagent\Discovery\hpsum_hwdiscovery.exe
Faulting module path: C:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcagent\Discovery\infomgr.dll

It seems to me that the problem in infomgr.dll which can not recognize a large number of logical volumes that have long names, since they do DPM2010
Can I hope for a fix?