1752786 Members
5931 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PRM Oracle Memory managment

SOLVED
Go to solution

PRM Oracle Memory managment

Can memory management enabled with oracle with PRM version 1.08.2 on HP-UX 11.00

OR

PRM version 1.08.2 on HP-UX 11i
3 REPLIES 3
Carsten Krege
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: PRM Oracle Memory managment

The PRM C.1.08.2 version that became available with HP-UX 11i, has a new memory control feature enabled that is based on the new Memory Resource Groups (MRG) concept of HP-UX 11i. Applications will not be suppressed anymore and the resource management is completely done in the HP-UX kernel.

The important thing for PRM is that starting with the availability of the MRG feature for PRM, Oracle supports PRM's memory control feature with their
product. Oracle did not support the old implementation of PRM's memory management.

MRGs are not available on HPUX 11.00.

For details see:

PRM 1.08 Release Notes (version 2):
http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/B3835-90002/B3835-90002.html

Carsten
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- HhGttG

Will putting all the oracle binaries in /opt/prm/exempt help on HP-UX 11.00 and then starting memory management of PRM.
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Hope this helps you:

WORKAROUNDS for HP-UX 10.20 and 11.x
We added an exempt file. The user can exempt an application from memory controls by adding the application's name to the file /opt/prm/exempt. By placing the path of a particular application, e.g. /usr/bin/vi, in the exempt file, this application cannot be suppressed regardless of its memory use. The UNIX shells /bin/sh, /sbin/sh, /bin/rsh, /bin/csh, /bin/ksh, /bin/keysh, /bin/rksh are exempt from suppression automatically.
яВ╖ Workarounds are available in PRM C.01.07, or as a patch for PRM C.01.06, PHSS_19887 (HP-UX 11.0), PHSS_19888 (HP-UX 10.20)
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!