XP Storage
1752650 Members
5675 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can I use EVA or 3PAR Storage to replicate XP storage for DR site?

Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

Can I use EVA or 3PAR Storage to replicate XP storage for DR site?

the primary site is using XP 12000 storage, and I'd like to find out if I can use a cheaper storage, for instance EVA/3PAR storage for DR site, by using software like XP Continuos Access XP?

If not, what would be the choice to replicate XP storage on remote site?
none
6 REPLIES 6
Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

If EVA can not be the the target of XP storage replication, then what other options do we have?

we don't want to use another XP for DR, it is just too expensive for us.
none
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

if you want to use Continuos Access XP the replication site have to be a XP array. You can use host-based mirror (Windows disk mirroring, HP-UX LVM Mirror etc.) or 3rd party software, like DataCore for mirroring to any other storage.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

patrick,

I am not only asking for replicating data to another storage, but also to a remote for DR.

EVA to replicate XP storage data at DR site is not the option, then what would it be the option ?
none

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello, to mirroring/replicate storages between different vendors, use storage virtualization products - Falconstor, Datacore... (avoid HP SVSP)

Jan
Cavailhe
Advisor

Suggestion:

cheaper product is a MPX200 to move Users Data from Storage to another Storage.

However read notice before beccause HP don't support  data moving from any storage array to HP Storage
In my company we use a lot this product when we want move data from old storage to new storage when the storage array doesn't come from the same family

Regards