4766 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to securely wipe all disks in an XP1024 chasis

SOLVED
Go to solution
Norman Ellis_1

How to securely wipe all disks in an XP1024 chasis

Anyone know of or could suggest the best and most effective way to securely destroy all data on every disk inside a decommissioned XP1024 chassis?

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise). - Hp Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
IBaltay
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
this could be your choice:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/storage/software/xpdatashred/index.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
the pain is one part of the reality
Bill Rothanburg
Trusted Contributor

Part of this depends upon your business requirements, such as certification of erasure and/or specific methods.

It might be as simple as having the CE do a DCI (Define, Configure, and Install) on the array which will reformat all of the disks.

If you need something stronger, then provisioning luns to a server and using a DOD level wipe will probabally be your course of action. DBAN is a free application that will do this, but I haven't used it on a fibre channel based disk array myself. There are also commercial programs and services out there.
Norman Ellis_1

We use DBAN on servers today and it does a great job. I'll look into the option of using it.

Thanks for the reply..
Norman Ellis_1

We are looking into using the HP StorageWorks XP Data Shredder Software to securely wiping all disks in our XP array.