5194 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: P9500 report configuration tool

markbridgett
Occasional Contributor

P9500 report configuration tool

Hi all,

I have been bashing my head against a brick wall for too long with this one.  My head hurts, so I have stopped.....

The problem I have is that we have a P9500 storage array, that I want to be able to automate storage reports from.  With the XP arrays I used to use Command View Advanced Edition, but that was very expensive.  With our shiny new P9500 array,  the "HP P9500 Web Console User Guide" reference number AV400-96402 states that this is possible using something called the "Report Configuration Tool".  It goes onto say that:

"The Report Configuration Tool is contained in CD-ROM Disc 2, which is named Host PP." and a little later "Execute setup.exe in the folder /program/Config_Report_CLI/Win32" and then says to use a command called RAIDINF.

Unfortunately so far absolutely no-one in HP can tell me what this CD is and/or where the RAIDINF command can be found.

Has anyone stumbled across this before?

It's somewhat frustrating as I automate reporting from XP24000, XP12000, XP20000 and all flavours of EVA from one central Unix server which allows me to just run a bunch of scripts from one place.  At present I now have to login to the lovely Flash based interface, manually run a configuration report, then transfer the data back to my central server manually. 

the RAIDINF command would sort my problems out if only I could track it down!

thanks a lot

Mark

1 REPLY 1
Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

Re: P9500 report configuration tool

The only report tool I'm aware of is XPDT which is most likely not for customer use...

Regards,
Sebastian