Other HPE Product Questions
1752292 Members
5072 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HELP NEEDED - HP Elitebook 2170P Touchpad cursor jumps horisontally in the middle of the touch field

Markojoe

HELP NEEDED - HP Elitebook 2170P Touchpad cursor jumps horisontally in the middle of the touch field

Dear All,

I'm desparately searching for a solution on the HP Elitebook 2170P jumping cursor problem (Win7 64bit).

The activity: when I move a finger horisontally from left to right, or from right to left VIA the middle zone of the touch field, the cursor jumps a few steps at the point when I reach around the (vertical) half-line of the touchpad.

I cannot tell, how annoying is that, when you use the laptop without mouse.

- no matter how fast I move my finger or how strong I push/touch the pad.
- no matter the settings in Synaptics Touchpad

First the original Windows driver was used. Then I changed to the official HP driver (older one), then the newer one, but did not helped.

Then I updated the BIOS, ran the same trys: Windows driver, old HP driver, new HP driver, but did not helped.

I double-checked the setting is the app (synaptic),  but again, nothing happened to the jumpy cursor.

Please help me with this... :(

Thank you,

Mark

The jumping problem still remains.

1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HELP NEEDED - HP Elitebook 2170P Touchpad cursor jumps horisontally in the middle of the touch f

This is the wrong company for printers and PC products. You need to register in the HP Inc. Support Forum:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/