Your questions about the HPE Support Center website
1752369 Members
6017 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Has HP ever actually thought about Business solutions and support to help people.

mnsmith
Occasional Visitor

Has HP ever actually thought about Business solutions and support to help people.

It appears that HP doesn't really care about Business solutions rather they just care about saying they do.

This manifests itself in a few ways

Software isn't packaged in nice easy to deploy MSI's and has very poor documentation.  Try deploying 3D drive guard or HP Connection manager 3.1.3.11 via an SCCM task sequence, this isn't an easy task.

Desktop management is something that HP is yet to learn.  

This forum is another example, 

searching Google for the above issue, I see a link which looks helpful.  However this is a waste of time, as I get redirected to the home page of this forum, all because you don't want me to find what I am after.

I am very much looking forward to when these laptops get replaced. 

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Community Feedback & Suggestions to HP Support Center Feedback & Suggestions. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Julian Loveday
Occasional Advisor

Re: Has HP ever actually thought about Business solutions and support to help people.

Class.

Julian Loveday
Occasional Advisor

Re: Has HP ever actually thought about Business solutions and support to help people.

On a serious note:

This solved it for me: See below, I got this from another forum.

1.  Using 7-zip, extract the content of the HP SP....exe file.

2.  Within the extracted folder, create a vbs file (I called mine INSTALL.vbs).  Now you should have 3 files within the folder: INSTALL.vbs, Setup.exe and HPCM.exe.

3.  Edit the INSTALL.vbs file in Notepad and paste in the following:

set oShell= CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

set oEnv = oShell.Environment("PROCESS")

oEnv("SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS") = 1

oShell.Run "setup.exe /S",0,True

oEnv.Remove("SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS")

4.  NOTE:  In the 4th line of the code above, you would need to replace setup.exe /S with the name of the exe you are installing and the switch you want to use for that exe.  Save the file when done.

5.  In BDD2007, I imported the application and used the Quiet Install Command for the application of: INSTALL.vbs

6.  Tested fine for me.