Your questions about the HPE Support Center website
1745819 Members
3973 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Is it me or is HP support really bad now?

SOLVED
Go to solution
gstonian
Trusted Contributor

Re: Is it me or is HP support really bad now?

It took me 3 phone calls to HP Support for me to raise a call last week. I tried everything from serial numbers to Company Name to System Handles and they just couldn't figure out who I was.

Eventually got through to someone with some common sense on the third call.

Once the call was raised the actual Engineers were spot on and got the problem fixed no problem.
Ashly A K
Honored Contributor

hi All!!!

Updates:

01. One of our call was handled at China and i would rate that call was one of the best.

02. I would contribute the +points to the engineer who handled it.

03. Once i asked for a part number, to place an order, in return, i got a big questioner from the execute, asking to explain my problem!!!

Anyway, now our interaction with HP is very much limited, since we started taking care of ourselves and start using our own products.

-Ashly
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
SeanAmicus ITS
Advisor

I work for a HP ABSP SWD Partner in UK as a Technical Manager

We have quite a few customers with EVA's of variable types. I always struggle to get any sense when it comes to firmware upgrades.

We have spend a small fortune on getting the ABSP accreditation enabling us to deliver the full EVA installation and start-up service.

It always a battle trying to get HP Services to send over the necessary disk controller and disk firmware.

Various excuses are normally such as

"oh this is only delivered by HP", which IMHO makes a nonsense of the who EVA partner program.

We partner with other SAN vendors such as IBM and Pillar, and have no problems with getting UK or Irish based support and code sent over.

Historically in the Compaq (HS80) days, code and help was forthcoming without issue.

If HP doesn't think the channel can deliver the code upgrade then why have this hybrid approach?

Our customers constantly tell me

"HP we love there kit, but hate the service"

As a partner, we love the kit and hate the service.

It seems the offshoring of the support to India is not improving the engagement with partners, it's making things worse.

We've had loyal HP customers looking elseware for there storage due to this.

At the partner event in Daventry 2006, the general feeling was this was cost driven rather than customer focus improvement, and the mood was very hostile to HP senior management.

Anyway RANT over, I've just fed up trying to speak to support in Bangalore, they can't understand english correctly let alone assist you.
Don't believe the hype, test it first!
Jov
Honored Contributor

Hi all,

10 years ago I used to rate HP Support to be one of the best most of the major vendors, but its very different now.

I logged a call recently and gave a reference of a previous call so the helpdesk can copy all the details across so I dont have to repeat everything and to avoid them making mistakes, but that won't do as I still had to repeat all my details and contact information.

Talk about following procedures to the T!

Anyway when it comes to the engineers, its a bit of a hit or miss. So now I keep a record of those i've dealt with and try to request for them.

With all the negative regarding support, the bright point is the ITRC forum where is a gold mine of knowledgabe users, and there is nothing out there that is even close.

Jov
Chuck Ciesinski
Honored Contributor

Jim,

Would you mind if I brought up the service issue to the Business
Continuity Panel at this years HP Tech Forum? As far as I can tell, the service contract and what it stands for is a part of Business Continuity, don't you agree?

Chuck Ciesinski
"Show me the $$$$$"
James M. Dunn
Frequent Advisor

Sure Chuck go ahead, I'm not sure if would help any, but it may. I still think that service has gone downhill in the effort to boost Corporate earnings. HP stock holders may be profiting now but it├в s only a matter of time before their profits slip. It's only a matter of time before we as the consumers will eventually get fed up and go elsewhere.
Jov
Honored Contributor

Hi Chuck,

In UK (and elsewhere) HP provides DR solutions and DR support for enterprise customers. Thus from a contract perspective, the level DR response and transitional response will be critical to BCP.

Jov
Ashly A K
Honored Contributor

hi!

I met some of the top HP customer care people, what they say is they still deliver the best and they never compromised on quality. But i gave them some examples, which made them turn red. The answer was this might be a rare case ( well, i think i will have to redefine the meaning of "rare" now.)

There is no doubt, to make the profit graph go high, they cut down as much as they can. They might have removed the senior or talented people and filled the seats with some beginners.

Ashly A K
Ashly A K
Honored Contributor

hi!

I am hearing that HP is improving the service. Let us cross the fingers and wait. Hope for the best!!

Ashly A K
AwadheshPandey
Honored Contributor

I am sure that u will never find a service like HP. They are continous trying to improve there services and also using user feedback through independent agency called nwc survey. May be some times problem occured you should escalate the issue after certain level of pain. else dont blame HP.
It's kind of fun to do the impossible