1748336 Members
3886 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Reset BIOS Password EliteBook 8540w

stanoil
Visitor

Reset BIOS Password EliteBook 8540w

I have problem with buing_as_used laptop - Reset BIOS Password EliteBook 8540w - I can't reset with procedure - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Reset-BIOS-Password-EliteBook-8540w/td-p/927153

It's possible to solve this problem ?

Like : "SOLUTION: This is what I did and worked like a dream. Contacted HP, told them the problem. They "escalated the case," took my info. The next day I was emailed a file called SMC.bin. It is formatted specifically for my machine, has to match the UUID. Copied file to FAT 32 formatted jump drive, booted it as per the email instructions, reset bios password"

5 REPLIES 5
Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Hi Stanislaw,

You have reached the wrong Company Forum. As it is regarding a HP Laptop so you'll have to post your question in the HP Consumer Support Forum.

Here is the link: HP Notebook Support Forum

Note: Have your Product number handy as experts there will need it to help you further.

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png
stanoil
Visitor

Thx 4 response . But my laptop's warranty is out of date :-( and end of support and I can't do it

Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

HP Notebook Support Forum is open for all HP notebooks irrespective of inwarranty,  Out of warranty or End of Life products. You can try posting the problem there and check. I am sure experts will be able to give you alternate ways to solve the issue.

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png
stanoil
Visitor

HP PN: NU51AV  :-)

stanoil
Visitor

I'm posting the problem but not response ....