108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Where are the patches?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Re: Where are the patches? (access)

Every Friday is better with a comic, right?

I work for HPE.
Paul Maglinger
Regular Advisor

Re: Where are the patches? (access)

Are you sure the guy on the floor is a messenger and not the guy who decided to do away with the ITRC?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>but when you click on it, if you were authenticated on the site you just left, you should be logged right in, without having to provide your ID/password again.  If that's not what you're seeing, please let me know.

This didn't work for me today.

I went from the forum to HPSC and I had to authenticate there.  But once I closed the tab and came back from the forum, it worked.

So it seems that HP Passport provides a single signon but you have to do it over and over again.  :-(

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Dennis, I tried to duplicate your issue (in three different ways), but it appears to be working correctly for me.

Here's what I did:

1. Closed my browser to make sure I wasn't still signed in to either site (HPSC or forums)
  2. Opened browser (IE8) and pasted in url of this thread (http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Where-are-the-patches/td-p/4825931)
  3. Clicked Sign In - was taken to the HP Passport screen, where I entered my user ID and password.
  4. I now show as being signed in on the forums
  5. Manually entered www.hp.com/go/hpsc in the browser url field*
  6. Clicked Sign-In, and the page refreshes to show that I'm logged in (without having to enter user ID and password again)

* - I also tried two different options at this point - clicking the "HP Support Center" tab from the home page in forums, and I also opened a new tab in the same browser and entered the www.hp.com/go/hpsc address in that tab - both options still result in the same behavior in step 6.

I assume what you're experiencing is something different from what you've seen in the past (since the transition)?

I work for HPE.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Here is what I did:

1) Closed firefox 3.5.9 because it was dog slow at 1 Gb VM

2) restarted it.

3) I'm still logged on to the forums,  reload to make sure.

4) Middle button on your www.hp.com/go/hpsc to open a tab

5) URL looks something like: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc?ac.admitted=xxx.yyy.zzz

5) Click on sign-in, goes to HP Passport

If this matters, :-) one of the refreshed tabs in another window was pointing to an internal version of the HPSC with another user.  But I wasn't doing this at home where it also failed.

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Thanks for the details, Dennis.

Are any other users experiencing something similar (where you have to supply your user ID and password when moving from forums to HP Support Center, or vise-versa?

I work for HPE.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Kevin,

I've been ignoring this thread because I keep a bookmark (favorite for you IE zealots), but I just tried it and experienced exactly what Dennis reported. 

right click on » HP Support Center to open it in a new tab

in the new tab, it goes immediately to HP Passport sign-in

My guess is that this wouldn't make any difference, but I should report that I do use a Firefox add-on called LastPass to remember my password and it automatically fills in the UID/PW fields.  Perhaps the fact that there's something entered in those fields prevents the Passport from recognizing that I'm already logged in???

Pete
V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Hi Dennis,

>2) restarted it.
>3) I'm still logged on to the forums, reload to make sure.

I think you was logged out, but the firefox cache showed the page with the signed-in icon?
Also with refresh ...? Sure, it sounds impossible ...
Can you post an answer this way without a new identification?

So can you try your step 4 with an action in the forum?

Vo.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Thanks for the details, Dennis.

I tried this at home and it worked fine this time.  Of course I had to sign on to the forum this time.

>I think you was logged out, but the firefox cache showed the page with the signed-in icon?

(Why do you think I did a reload?)

>Can you post an answer this way without a new identification?

Not sure what you mean?  Proved that I was signed in?  The reload did that.

>So can you try your step 4 with an action in the forum?

Rats, right now when I used the middle button on step 4, it goes to the HPSC and then when I click on Sign-in it again asked for my password.  :-(

So perhaps it only works once?

V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

>Not sure what you mean? Proved that I was signed in? Exactly that :-)

>The reload did that.
Or you thought the program did the reload the right way?
Do you think a program (not written by yourself) will always do what you *want*? :-)

Well, I already wrote that my rash thoughts sounds impossible ...

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***