108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Why can't I download ANY drivers?!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Oren Cohen

Why can't I download ANY drivers?!

Hi,

I am a computer tech in many schools, and I am trying to download drivers for a laptop and a printer.

I've been trying this for a week now, but the download is either very slow (Less than 1KB/S) or timed out.

I am using all kind of browsers, and am truing this from every school, with different ISPs.

So tell me, are the HP servers even working?

Thanks.
16 REPLIES 16
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Why can't I download ANY drivers?!

What URL contains the download links that have problems?
What are the URLs for the download?
Oren Cohen

Well, there are so many, all the drivers for the HP Compaq 6715b laptop, and drivers for the HP LaserJet CP1515n printer.

I sometimes get a time-out error from the FTP site of HP.

As I said, I'm experiencing this problem all over, and with different browsers.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>there are so many

Then one would have been helpful.
I had no problems downloading a Vista UPD.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

jjmurphy
Advisor

if you are access ing from schools, perhaps they are using standard firewall rules, and they may be throttled. Can you not get them from home and take them with you?
Ron Silver_1
Honored Contributor

There have been times when the HP servers were slow but I haven't had that happen in about a year. If you download from home you will most likely have to unblock the downloaded files. The windows firewall and some third party firewalls will block a file so that it won't execute correctly if at all until the file is unblocked. To unblock a file download to a known location I like the desktop. Right click the downloaded file and select properties on the window that comes up select the unblock button towards the button of the window and then the Apply button on the bottom right. Close the window and the downloaded file should execute or copy to other media to execute on another machine.

CWHNNE10EC

I HAVE PROBLEMS OPENING DOWNLOADS OFFTHE WEB! CANT SEEM TO FIND OUT WHY? iuse hp windows is there something im not doing??? note ido not use ms windows, only hp!
equin0x

I can't d/l any of the links in the Software & Drivers section as well. :( It's been like this for a week now. I really need to update my DV5-1233se's softwares. But the file I really need now is the: Recovery Manager Installer Patch for Windows 7. Ever since I upgraded the OS (from Vista) my notebook has never been the same. So I need to revert back to Vista. Please help, anyone?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working. I just replaced the ftp:// to http and it worked. ^_^

raylenek
Occasional Visitor

I tried this but it is just sitting on my desk top saying processing please wait. So in other words it hasn't even downloaded enough for me to find it in my computer. I refreshed it several times. I closed it and started over but still have the same message.