4671 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Your new support website

spackard
Occasional Contributor

Lynn-Marie -

My question is still unanswered.  I'm still looking for the answer.  Others agree the new HPE support website is unusable.  That's fine, they can agree or disagree.
The question is: How do I go back to using the old search tool on HPE's website??

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Is only my personal view or things are getting worse and worse (instead of better and better) than ever about the new HPE Support portal...today, any simple string search (like "HPE OfficeConnect 1950" or "officeconnect 1950", as examples), is producing this error:

"The service or information you requested is not available at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working quickly to resolve this issue. Please try again later.(Error: [503: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data])"

Screenshot:HPE_Support_Portal_search_page_error.png

I'm start thinking - WRT to that new Support Portal - that, at HPE, someone (or an entire Team) is going to experience (or is already experiencing) very bad bad bad times...

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
MargaretN
Respected Contributor

Additional information, this release was considered beta and the date filter and enhanced search algorithm will be available next month. 

In the meantime, for software downloads the older display is now also available.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

MargaretN

aGardener
Occasional Advisor

Parnassus, I am afraid that you are absolutely right.

Pretty much whenever a change was made, it became worse.

NOW THE SYSTEM UNUSABLE!

WE CAN NO LONGER SUPPORT OUR CUSTOMERS!

It is the "HPE un-support center" !

MargaretN:
> Additional information, this release was considered beta

There was a "beta test" on a different URL.
HOW ON EARTH COULD YOU(HPE) DECIDE TO PUT A "BETA" INTO PRODUCTION ?????

Please, please, please wake up and realize:

THIS IS A FAILED DESIGN STUDY !!!
no amount of "additions" will fix the basic design failure:
 an unreliable stateful (browser-based) client to a severly limited/broken search back-end.

It is nice if you add a date filter and an "enhanced search algorithm" (whatever that means...) later,
BUT WHY ON EARTH WAS THE OLD TABULAR NAVIGATION BY OID REMOVED??

Please drop this "EXPERIMENT" immediately and roll back back to the previous version which uses navigation by OID with tabular output!!!

And while you are it, please roll back the search function to the previous, previous version, which also provided tabular output.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hi Margaret,

MargaretN wrote: In the meantime, for software downloads the older display is now also available.

Are we sure about that?

Do you mean we should go to https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/ProductsList.aspx portal? and, if so, from where if the starting point should be always the HPE Enterprise Support landing page?

I mean (as I understood your note)...if a user starts from HPE Enterprise Support landing page (https://www.hpe.com/us/en/support.html) and goes to the HPE Support Center link (https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/home) to look for, as example, the JG920A (it is the HPE SKU of HPE OfficeConnect 1920-8G Switch model) that user will receive one (or more) search result(s) related to that SKU but if, at that point, the user finally filters "Drivers and Software" he/she receives a laconic message:

"Your search produced no results for drivers and software. For Enterprise software products you can find additional downloads at the HPE Software Depot."

which is totally different from what user expects to find at that point of his/her search (especially when he/she already know what he/she is looking for, example: latest Firmware for a particular Switch SKU or Switch Series).

Different matter if a user goes directly to (the old?) https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/ProductsList.aspx portal.

There, searches are generally done without issues and related results are coherent...forwarding the user (through various choice levels, AKA "mouse clicks") to the desired software(s).

Hope to have provided a positive feedback about all this.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Lynn-Marie
Valued Contributor

Hello Community Members,

Frustration abounds with the new HPE Support Center, and you have been heard. There are teams working this around the clock with a get-well plan firming up as we speak (type). In the interim, going to www.hpe.com/networking/support or www.hpe.com/networking/software will give you a workaround. In addition, there is a link to the My Networking portal on the support center pages.

HPESC_1.JPGHPESC_2.JPG

I'll do my best to let you know a timeline for repair/improvement.

Sincerely,
Lynn-Marie

Accept or Kudo

Lynn-Marie
Valued Contributor

I am sorry, but I don't think there is a way to revert to the old system.

Sincerely,
Lynn-Marie

Accept or Kudo

doktornotor
Occasional Collector

The new website is completely unusable. Kindly revert this failed  experiment which is a usability nightmare (to put it mildly) to the previous state. A bad joke really. Junk.

Matthias Zahn_1
Advisor

Hi HPE,

are you serious to put such crap online?

Tell me how to find the following:

The latest BIOS and Array Firmware for BL460c Gen8  for ESXI 6.0/6.5  (Yes, in SCEXE-format, not rpm).

Please drop it and put the old version back online.

Do someone remember the old Compaq Proliant download pages? This was the best. HP(E) never reach this again.

I had now opened a case to send me the latest files.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

@Matthias Zahn_1  I had now opened a case to send me the latest files.

Did you ask them how to find that info on HPESC site?  So they can fix it for the next customer?