cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A nightmare getting into this forum.

Marc Poland
Occasional Contributor

A nightmare getting into this forum.

I logged into this forum a few months ago, and received a lot of help. Now I have a new problem, and I didn't remerber my user name or password. I couldn't recover the password, due to not knowing my log in. Further I could not sign up with a new account, because my e-mail is already being used... There is no way of getting to the webmaster! This may not be a good method of getting help with this...but at last I can send a message...
16 REPLIES
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Re: A nightmare getting into this forum.

this is the best forum to post this message

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=434
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone [2006,2007,2008,2009,2010]
Marc Poland
Occasional Contributor

Laura,

Can you move my post over to the site that you suggested? I tried with no luck. Once again, I could not log in.
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Shall do. hope you get this sorted.
Laura Rooke
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

here you go.... hope you get help.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=976985
Laura Rooke
Marc Poland
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Laura...
christak
Honored Contributor

I have to agree that this new HP Passport BS is not nearly as straight forward as it should be... I don't see any reason for the change...
christak
Honored Contributor

FYI,
I tried to post a follow up on the other thread that Laura started... I can't even login over there. I set all this up last night with the HP Passport and associated on both forums... This garbage makes helping folks pretty hard to do...
CA649974
Valued Contributor

Hi Marc,

The username/password you created a few months is not longer applicable for sign-in due to the migration to HP Passport. If you tried to register a new account and it says your email is already being used says you likely already have a HP Passport account for some reason. You can request to recover a lost HPP account at the register page by clicking on 'forgot userid'. Once you get that, you can request the lost password. Have you tried doing that?

Thanks,
Dan
Because life is not a spectator sport!
mlpoland
Occasional Visitor

That DID NOT Work....I had to completely re-register. Maybe I should count my blessings with my e-mail being displayed instead of just my name, at least I can get on the site!
CA1225432
Regular Advisor

To be frank...I too, (as a non techy) found it difficult to understand the new login process. In fact, I am still not sure what I did to get in here this morning !
Kaj_3
Honored Contributor

As I understand we just make a new username and password to get the new Hp passport.
Then push a botton to connect it to a forum or whatever you were into ealier.
In my humble opinion quite simple.
christak
Honored Contributor

It's "quite simple" when it works...

I tried to post under this forum last night and was unable to do so... Why is it different now?
Kaj_3
Honored Contributor

Well - maybe I was just lucky and it worked when I was there.
JosephF
Honored Contributor

Just trying to make sure my old account is associated with this one. (thus consider this a test-post).

Apologies for wasting space (just seemed like the best place to do this).

And just my 2 cents, definately liked the old system better. Was much faster/easier to use as a forum regular. Logins have been a major problem lately.
---
mlpoland
Occasional Visitor

Well, I have finally gotten all the data correct in my log-in. I believe that during this process, which I received very little help from HP, I have created three different log-in. This has been partly my fault, but partly the restrictions in the fourm. My main problem was that I could not re-enter my e-mail address due to having used it before (and forgot what user ID and password I had used before).

It would be a lot easier if the fourm would let you recover lost passwords by using your e-mail. Lucky for me the fourm is case sensitive and my e-mail is not. I was therefore able to capatlize a letter in my e-mail this time around....but what a pain until I found that out!

CA649974
Valued Contributor

Hi Marc,

To clarify for others, the login service used by these forums is HP Passport. Many hp.com sites (such as these forums) leverage the Passport sign-in service so you can sign-in once and visit other hp.com sites without signing in again. Passport is the sign-in service that restricts the use of the same email address, not the forums. Because they restrict one account to a unique email address, you can request a lost userid based on your email address. If you go to the sign-in page for Passport, you'll see on the left side navigation the following links:

» Back
» New user registration
» Forgot password
» Forgot user ID
» About HP Passport

-Dan
Because life is not a spectator sport!