Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 2003 forum issues and suggestions

CA538024
Honored Contributor

April 2003 forum issues and suggestions

Hello Everyone,

Please let me know of any technical or performance issues you experience while using the Business Customer Discussion Groups in the April 2003 timeframe by posting in this thread. Please include the URL from your web browser associated with the error messages (along with the date and time the error occurred).

Also please post any Business Customer Discussion Group feedback or suggestions you might have to improve these forums.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Kathy
Business Customer Discussion Groups
Forum Manager
22 REPLIES
DRAXLER, Markus
Occasional Advisor

Re: April 2003 forum issues and suggestions

It's a 'suggestions you might have to improve these forums'.

1. It was hard to find this thread.
2. I was looking for a forum about the forum where I can post a beginners question about the forum.
3. I was lookink for a 'search' option to find articles about the SCR software (HP-UX 11.x). For a beginner it is difficult to find the right forum and the right thread. A search function which lists forums and threads which might be of interest.
4. Am I the first one with this Problem????

Thanks
Markus.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the feedback on how difficult you found it to navigate the forums. I will discuss it with the technical team and see if we come up with anything to make it easier for folks.

Regarding your question, you should head over to the ITRC forums, where there is an HP-UX section. Here's a direct link to that site:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/FamilyHome/1,,117,00.html

I hope this helps and thanks again for the feedback.

Take care,

Kathy
Kyle Grimm_1
Respected Contributor

I agree with Draxler, I think the business forums should be easy to access on the HP.com website, should be easier to find in the support and drivers, but once you find it its great. Its a good community and all HP's customer should come here for help.
Anyone need an employee?
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Thanks, Kyle! I will pass your suggestion along.

Take care and thanks for your forum participation.

Kathy
Kyle Grimm_1
Respected Contributor

In the personal profile, I thought it might be a cool idea to have a URL in basic information so you could show your personal website.

~Kyle
Anyone need an employee?
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Kyle,

Great suggestion! Although there's no specific place to designate your personal web site, you could try the following:

1. Click My Profile on the left side bar of any forum page.

2. Select the "view or modify contact information" and place the URL of your company/personal web site in the "company name" field. Click Submit.

3. Click Continue on the next screen.

4. Select the "view or modify forums profile" option and select the "show company name" as "yes".

5. Click Submit.

This will allow the desired URL to show in your profile if others view it.

I will submit your suggestion for a separate place for a web site to the technical team.

Thanks!

Kathy
CA752300
Advisor

hi Kathy I have a similar problem, though I think a breakdown of the different areas might help others. sometimes new persons see the general headings and are unable to decipher to get to their area of interest. What about more of a breakdown i. e. hp, pavilion, xe743, win98se. Possibly an area of instructions to new users to help navigate the forums. BTW I love this forum for the constant help that is available to all. TO THOSE THAT MUST USE DEROGATORY LANGUAGE OR SUBJECTS GO AWAY.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Stephen,

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I have made a note of them and will pass them to the forum technical folks for discussion. Honestly, there are too many products to break them down individually, but perhaps we can come up with something that's a little more intuitive for folks.

Again, thank you and thanks, too, for your forum participation.

Take care,

Kathy
CA881354
Esteemed Contributor

i don't know whether it is my three computers - deskotp PII 400 384 megs of ram, amd1600+ 1.4 gig, 256 ram, or dell PIV 1.8 gig 512 megs ram, or even my isp provider, but the problem is whenever i get to any page of this forum and start scrolling the screen gets messed up, it like bunch of horizontal lines appear. then after about 2-3 seconds it get back to normal. is this something with the server connection, my other websites open without any problems, just this forum seems to give me trouble.
also, would you post a link to the forum right on the hp.com page, because it is really hard to fing the forum in the searched results, and the results aren't the one ones person might be looking for when doing a search. example: gp to hp.com and search for rebate or rebate center, last time i did it, it returned with bunch of nonsense for the results.
If It Ain't Broke, Don't F#@# With It
Darrell_9
Occasional Visitor

TWO WEEKS of searching, always "someone else" I needed to talk with .... transfer...transfer...transfer. And then, at long last, a sales rep. at "www.hppartsdirect.com" not only directs me to this discussion group by emailing me a correct link (could he REALLY be the only one at HP that knows what's going on?!?) but he actually knew his SAN from his WAN... if you know what I mean! :-) PLEASE make these discussion groups easier to get to ..... w/o all the transfers!! :-) Pretty please,... with sugar on top!
Lost, .... but making good time!
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Serge and Darrell,

First, Serge.... yes, the video problems you're seeing happen to me as well. It's been reported and the technical team is working on it as well as the slowness problem we've experienced for a few weeks. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon.

To both of you, I will definitely pass along your suggestion to make these forums easier to find. I think it would help a lot more folks!

Thanks again to both of you for your forum participation.

Kathy
CA881354
Esteemed Contributor

thanx Kathy, i thought that i was nuts, but not after i tried to browse the forum from work that got T1 connection.
do you know if hp plans to redesign the pavilion line of notebooks. i guess some of the new looks would be great, better touchpad buttons such those on newer compaq's whose case looks close to hp pavilions. also are they plannig to do something similar to what dell has right now, i mean modular devices as they call it, that is a very nice feature to be ably to swap the devices on the fly, such as a dvd that can be also used to burn cds a lot faster, evrryone knows that burning a cd with 2 devices is faster than with 1, floppy and support for the second battery. as i'm owner of dell also i really like those features as it allows me to customize the notebook, that also can be a real weight saver most of the time and so on.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again Serge,

I honestly don't know what is on the horizon for the Pavilion line of computers.

For future reference, this particular monthly thread is for forum suggestions rather than product suggestions. The best place to post product suggestions would be in the individual product families.

Thanks!

Kathy
CA881354
Esteemed Contributor

i should of added this in previous post , does hp concidering using differnt manufacturer of the video card other than ATI, no offense, but some people out there expect better perfomanence and the installation of other operating systems on their laptops, i say this because many people would like to have win2k on their machines, but can't due to a lack of drivers for ati radeon mobility igp320m video adapter and many others. NVidiaGForce is a great video card supplier.
CA881354
Esteemed Contributor

Kathy, i have noticed this a long time ago in this forums that email notification of posted reply to someone else's post does not always work, but didn't paid too much attantion to it then. right now it seems that it got to the point where that whole email notification system doesn't work at all. is this with everyone or just me??
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again Serge,

Thanks for posting the trouble you're experiencing. I'll get with the tech. team and see what they think is the problem.

Again, I appreciate it!

Kathy
CA881354
Esteemed Contributor

looks like u gotta hit submit buttom twice when submitting a reply to a post, else it seems that there is no navigation
CA881354
Esteemed Contributor

oops, not in this post...
CA188158
Honored Contributor

Kathy, I started a question yesterday and it took over 16 hours for me to get emailed that an answer had been posted.

I just noticed another reply was made a few hours, and that has not shown up in my in basket yet.

S, email notification is running a bit slow.
It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

Yes, I noticed the same thing and have reported it. I appreciate you letting me know!

Take care,

Kathy
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy,

The search function on the itrc web page in Europe does not function anymore.

Kind regards,

Robert-Jan.

CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Robert-Jan,

Thanks for letting me know; I'll get the problem reported!

Take care,

Kathy