Your Questions Regarding the Legacy Business Support Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August 2003 forum success stories needed!

CA538024
Honored Contributor

August 2003 forum success stories needed!

Hi Everyone,

I would appreciate it if you posted the highlights and successes you've had while using these Business Customer Discussion Groups during August of 2003. This ongoing (monthly) thread tries to capture the successes of forums members. For example, have you:

1. Posted a question and received a key answer that solved your problem?

2. Viewed a message thread that another forum member posted that had a solution to a problem you were trying to solve?

3. Found these discussion groups to be of particular help in sharing information, exchanging best practices, or saving you time?

I'd really like to hear from everyone -- your circumstances, the issue(s), the outcome, who was of help, time saved, etc.!

If you have examples to share, please provide the URL of the thread if possible. Thanks in advance for your input!

Best Regards,

Kathy Brockway
Forum Manager
8 REPLIES
Alejandro Bayer_2
Frequent Advisor

Re: August 2003 forum success stories needed!

Of course.
1. I posted but the answer was not "succesful"
2. Yes. Some of them. At least two.
3. Yes. Indeed.
Sorry. Not many time.
Alejandro
La ayuda de los otros es indipensable
John Y
Honored Contributor

Hi guy's, here is the url to one of the longest threads in the forums, it pertains to a young fella 13 yrs old and his pending video card install of a pretty expensive FX5600 v-card, this young fella was very concerned about this install due to his father watching his every step with the family pc, and having doubts of his own,-- thanks to input from others and myself the install was a big success, ENJOY ! ----------------------------

http://bizforums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xf3b57853c891d64ebc3ca6b0bc274f08,00.html
John Y
Honored Contributor

Hi, Here is a frightening moment when one of our fellow forum user's found out that they had been hit by the dreaded "Blaster Worm Virus" on two pc's at the same time, i just happened to be up late that night, and saw the post or plea for help, again with help from all of us, we were able to get him back on track,--- keep in mind that none of us were aware of this Virus yet !!--------------------------------------

http://bizforums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x6b72715e519bb04689e95deb9b55d724,00.html
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Thanks, Alejandro and John, for taking the time to post in this thread. I appreciate it!

Take care,

Kathy
John Y
Honored Contributor

One last storie for August,-- This is about the many folk's with older pc's who are allways struggling to upgrade their old faithfulls, this fella as many others, wanted to upgrade his video card in an older pc, as you'll see, that can present some big obstacles, but again with everyones help, we we're able to overcome these, and another happy camper is now enjoying his new v-card.!------------------------------------------------
http://bizforums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xfb5497d27561bd41b21315139e23e71c,00.html
John Y
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy,-- If you'd like to try a September success thread in the home pavilions section again, i'll try to put in a few things.!
Suggestion-- for the sake of confusion, maybe tell everyone to post the stories in this thread, or start one of there own, this confused me i know back when you had one there before,-- maybe people were just not sure where to put them ? Just a thought, see ya.
CA986430
Occasional Visitor

Kathy,

Success stories are great for marketing purposes but what about the 'failures'? I've posted questions and seen many others posted over the last 3/4 months about Laserjet 3200 mfps (and related products) and the problems trying to get these machines to run their scanning software under Windows XP.

Despite lots of suggestions and obviosuly lots of people suffering these problems there does not seem to be a solution. The feedback also suggests that other people have, liek me, changed their future purchasing plans on the basis of lousy experiences and support for this product range.

Sorry but warm fuzzy stories about 13 year olds with video cards doesn't make up for poor product support.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

I try to put this "success stories" thread in different areas each month, but there is always one in this "forum feedback" area. I try to get diverse examples of what is going on in the forums. There will be one in the Home PC - Pavilion area in September or October.

I appreciate your feedback!

Kathy