cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't assign points

Craig_175
Advisor

Can't assign points

I'm signed in but the "unassigned" statement won't drop down to allow me to assign points to responses. What am I doing wrong? Also, why are some questions being ascribed to me that I did not post? Thanks.
8 REPLIES
Andrey L.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Can't assign points

Did you press button "Assign points" or "Submit" ????

Real - need to assign points to respondents and press "Assign.." |not a "Submit"|
CA1244707
Regular Advisor

Hi Craig,

Could you please describe your problem regarding questions?

Basically any message you've ever posted will be present in your personal profile page. You get there by clicking on your name in the message you posted or by clicking on "Edit your profile" and then selecting "My profile" tab. You'll find the list of your questions and most recent responses there.

I could see only two threads listed in your profile - the thread where you posted a reply and the current one.

Also you can assign points only if you are the author of the thread. To know more about points, please refer to the following link:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28

Regards,
Lakshmi
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!!
Craig_175
Advisor

Lakshmi:

Yesterday the list of questions included more than what is there today. It included a thread about the rx1950 that was foreign to me. I also received probably 6 duplicate responses to that foreign message. Also, I had another thread regarding the Microsoft Reader that is not showing in my list of questions today. So apparently in the clean-up someone cleaned-up too much.

Audrey L.

For some inexplicable reason, today I am getting the drop down menus to assign points. Thanks for you suggestions.
Craig_175
Advisor

Audrey L

Actually, I got the drop down menus in this thread. I just went back to my other thread to assign points and I can't get the menus to assign points even by doing what you have suggested. Any other suggestions?
CA1244707
Regular Advisor

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the response. Sorry for the trouble caused.

Regarding assignment of points,only the question author of a thread can assign points in the thread. You are able to get the drop down menus in this current thread because you are the Question author, who started this thread.

The other thread where you have posted a reply is http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=974876

The author of the above mentioned thread is another member and not you. So, you will not see any dropdown menus there, even if you are logged in.

Hope this clears.

Rgds,
Lakshmi
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!!
Craig_175
Advisor

Thanks Lakshmi, but I don't think that is accurate. When I go into my profile I have a thread entitled something like "MS reader location" which is a thread I started and is listed as one for which no ratings have been given. When I open that thread I do not get the drop down menus to rate the responses. Also the other problem you wanted more information on is still a problem of sorts as I am still getting notifications of responses to a thread of which I am not a party. The thread is entitled "Can't turn rx1950 back on." I think it started at about November 21, 2005. One of the participants is Peter. In one of his messages he says "HP screwed up new login system LOL" and explains that he is not Craig and he doesn't know who Craig is. Apparently I'm that Craig and when Peter responds it comes up as Craig responding. So something got messed up. In the process my user name became "Craig Carlile" when it used to be just "Craig" and now I can't go back because is says someone else is using "Craig." (Most likely the Peter who is miffed about the goof, also.) Thanks.
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi Craig,

Did you sign up for a HP Passport with the "Craig" profile? You will need to do so in order to reply to threads, assign points etc,

Here's how:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/FAQHelp.jsp#q7

Cheers,

Gary
Craig_175
Advisor

Yes, and I have been able to assign points in other threads. Thanks.