Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing multiple forums for same product lines

SOLVED
Go to solution
BR2903
Occasional Contributor

Confusing multiple forums for same product lines

I am puzzled now that I have branched into the Itanium product line. Why are there multiple forum topics for Itanium-based servers, ProLiant servers, netservers, tape backup, disk arrays, storage area networks, etc?
One topic is found under IT resource center forums and the other under business support forums.
I can see new users are getting very confused and for example asking questions about ProLiant 3000 servers under HP e3000 servers topic.
3 REPLIES
BR2903
Occasional Contributor

Re: Confusing multiple forums for same product lines

Another symptom of this confusion is that posters in the know start the same thread on both of the duplicate topics. This is very counter productive for both submitters and interested readers.
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your question.

The reason that there is duplication is that the 2 separate forums are geared towards different customers - with the ITRC Forums it's generally Support Contract Customers that would submit queries while here on the Business Support Forums, small business customers and end users would post.

There are plans in the pipeline to merge the forums into one.

We, as moderators do try to assist new members in posting their questions in the correct category,

Thanks again for your comments,

Gary
CA984331
Regular Advisor

Fred,

one way to mimimize redundancy is to open a thread in both forums and post only a link in one forum to the other thread.

greetings,

Michael
If you want your words to count, count your words!