Did you mean: 

Duplicate thread

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Duplicate thread

another one, pls remove it:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1004120

TIA
Rainald
---
P.S.
Just one question:
Why do You moderators not see things like that??

To Me it does not mean fun at all to daily report things like that

IMHO it would be *YOUR* task to detect things like that and to take the appropriate action without having a self-appointed "Deputy-Sheriff" like Me to ask you for moving/removing obviously (at first sight) wrong threads.

Some of You seem to be really good in reading threads and censoring away even unwanted single sentences in postings.
Sorry to say this, but wouldn't you do far better by watching what's placed the wrong way and/or in the wrong place?

Just recently app. 100+ threads I had posted in here on moving/removing threads were killed on my asking for that.
I simply cannot understand why it had to come that far ...

I simply think that at least 90% of this should on first stage not at all have appeared here.
What I detect to be wrong might be detected by carefully working moderators - concentrating on their true tasks - in first place.

Sorry to say that, but I am really fed up with doing things which are not *My* job at all.

Rainald

6 REPLIES
CA1284510
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Duplicate thread

Hi Rainald,

The duplicate thread has been removed.

Regards,
Inderjeet Singh Phull
CA1284510
Valued Contributor

Hi Rainald,

We appreciate your active participation in forums and thank you for identifying duplicate/move threads. The Forums team has been identifying and deleting/moving threads in ITRC/BSC Forums as necessary. However, there might be a delay in deleting such postings as finding and removing duplicates is not instantaneous.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Inderjeet Singh Phull
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Thanks fro your kind reply, Inderjeet.

I'm glad to see that you did not understand my comment the wrong way.
On re-reading it the next day I thought that I might probably have been to harsh in my wording and thought on asking for deletion.

But I seem to be not alone as Laura's thread shows.

Thanks again for all your care which for sure is not too easy, especially in the days where the systems don't work as they should.
I'd most seriously hope that the nasty "wpa-pl-wpaframework-10000" might be a thing of the past soon.

Kindest regards
Rainald
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Inderjeet,
in order to better understand what I had in mind (not on censoring but on just *watching* threads) you might have a look at th reply of Feb 21, 2006 07:12:16 GMT in the following thread:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=981705&admit=-682735245+1141090135824+28353475

If their is time for jumping in like that, IMHO there would be time enough for caring about the really *important* issues.

I'm far from blaming him (he seems to be the only one to appear as far the *content* of threads is concerned).
But he who jumps into threads to reply (be it on wrong language or on telling people that HP won't listen ) might also see when things are placed in the wrong forum and/or just an unnecessary/disturbing duplicate.
In so far it's not a question of who's on duty at which time.

Pls, dear Inderjeet, who you are immediately fulfilling any of my wishes on maintenance as soon as you see them, do not mis-understand this.
What I said in this thread (previously as well as right now) is not at all aiming at YOU (as a person) but simply at the *moderators* as a group.

IMO a bit of re-organization might be needed or at least of help to keep the fora going.

Thanks again for really taking care
Rainald
CA1284510
Valued Contributor

Hi Rainald,

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,
Inderjeet Singh Phull
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Any reaction, Inderjeet, be it from you personally or the rest of the team?

From my last posting in the parallel thread (opened by Laura) you might see that I am quite upset.
This is quite serious.

As you might understand, I'm expecting an *Answer*.
If you were not entitled for that, pls hand it over to the powers in charge.

Rainald