Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while posting reply

Lutz Bendlin
Honored Contributor

Error while posting reply

Gary et al,

recently (for a week or so) the forum runs like a (drunken, two legged) dog. Each time I post a reply I get "Error while posting reply". I need to use the Back button on my browser, submit again, and then maybe (just maybe) it takes the post. However the thread list does not reflect that until quite a bit later (several hours).

Can you please look into the site performance again?
Lutz
26 REPLIES
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Re: Error while posting reply

I hear you Lutz !
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone [2006,2007,2008,2009,2010]
Panos G
Frequent Advisor

i couldn't agree more...
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Lutz, you might also want to post this in the feedback forum

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=434
Laura Rooke
biffaboy
Occasional Advisor

dang, and i thought it was just me and being a newbie. started changing confis in my explorer even. THANKYOU!
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

I always put it down to the fact that these forums are so popular that they just get over busy.
Laura Rooke
Lutz Bendlin
Honored Contributor

Laura,

I posted over there too (at the third attempt) but I can't give you points because - yep - that doesn't work either.
Lutz
Prof Julie
Outstanding Contributor

I've been getting the same Error While Posting message too, but my replies are being posted. Still it is so slow and the thread list does not register the posting for a long time.

julie
Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Kaj_3
Honored Contributor

Yes, it is really slow.
Why are there no answers yo this thread from the people in charge?
Kaj_3
Honored Contributor

In fact, I thought for some days that you Laura, Prof Julie and Lutz were gone on holliday :o))
Paul Fishman
Advisor

same thing here, although replies work the second time and post soon...I emailed to the webmaster yesterday about this. and Prof Julie - it wouldn't let me assign points to you for a great reply. I hope "they" fix it soon.
Paul Fishman
Advisor

same thing here, although replies work the second time and post soon...I emailed to the webmaster yesterday about this. and Prof Julie - it wouldn't let me assign points to you for a great reply. I hope "they" fix it soon.

...and this is the second try on this one....
Paul Fishman
Advisor

...and try numero three...
Paul Fishman
Advisor

...and try numero three...

...four - one more and I give up...
forked
Regular Advisor

I haven't had that problem here.
Probably because I am posting in Europe when most of you are still in your Jammies.

However, on other forums I have had similar problems.
So, usually after I compose my reply, I copy it to the clipboard so I don't have to type it again if there is a problem posting.
forked
Regular Advisor

Looks like I spoke too soon.
I did get that after I posted.

"Error while posting reply"

But, it still posted correctly.
Simon McKenzie
Honored Contributor

I put it down to the server changing its IP address all the time. I find that I often need to run "ipconfig /renew" just to make it come up, but that could be this Vista machine of mine... ;)
Simon McKenzie
Honored Contributor

I meant "ipconfig /flushdns"...
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

these forums might not be user-friendly , but they are a goldmine of information.
Laura Rooke
Lutz Bendlin
Honored Contributor

spile, this forum here is about iPAQs. Other forums are about other things. I don't know about any other dedicated iPAQ forum.
Lutz
Kaj_3
Honored Contributor

Spile,
I dont think you are fair. On this forum and the other you mention and others I look into now and then it is quite clear that people get help that they never get on official manufacturer support. Searching the older threads is, to use Lauras words, a goldmine of information.
Prof Julie
Outstanding Contributor

This forum is not organized in the same way as other forums, so that can make searching for information somewhat challenging, but I like this forum quite a lot because there are no OFF TOPIC threads to sift through, it is well moderated - so there's no spam and no flaming - and it is populated by people that are really helpful and knowledgeable, some of these people have been here for years and really are Pocket PC experts. I think most of the information and advice a user gets here is pretty solid.

Even though I participate at other Pocket PC forums, I plan to stick with this one as long as it is enjoyable to me and as long as I continue to learn new things about Pocket PCs from it.

julie
Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
spile1
Trusted Contributor

I have no problem with the content made by the contributors of this site which is 100%.
My issue relates to the mechanics of the forum software.
Sorry Lutz but I don't understand the comment about IPAQs - Of course I know who this forum is for - I'm not sure why you made the statement.
Interestingly enough it appears my comment has been removed by the moderator which means that the replies from others referring to it are now meaningless :-)
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

In many ways , I prefer the format of this forum to any other forum - it is so much easier to look through threads in the order that they have been replied to.
Laura Rooke
John Y
Honored Contributor

Me to !

On a side note= Not to change the subject, but I'd really like to see a, EDIT option, after all this tme !?