Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2003 forum issues/suggestions

CA538024
Honored Contributor

February 2003 forum issues/suggestions

Hello Everyone,

Please let me know of any technical or performance issues you experience while using the Business Customer Discussion Groups in the February 2003 timeframe by posting in this thread. Please include the URL from your web browser associated with the error messages (along with the date and time the error occurred).

Also please post any Business Customer Discussion Group feedback or suggestions you might have to improve these forums.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Kathy
Business Customer Discussion Groups
Forum Manager
12 REPLIES
Steven Hauk_1
Honored Contributor

Re: February 2003 forum issues/suggestions

How about a truly seach-capable forum...more like Compaq Communities or even better?

Suppose I wanted to search only replies rated 8 to 10? Or search only for replies that refer to Athlon processors? Or only replies, for that matter? Only replies by Richard A. Marx? Only questions posted in the Compaq/Deskpro/Evo area? The possibilities go on and on. That would be exteremely useful.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the great idea. I will pass it along to the team that develops the Search tool you speak of. I appreciate your suggestion!

Take care,

Kathy
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy,

Beleave there is a time problem,
My server time is in sync with a GPS-timeserver GMT+1.
db001:/# date
Tue Feb 4 16:12:04 MET 2003

Take a look at the time on my response.

Kind Regards,

Robert-Jan.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Robert-Jan,

Thanks for the post; I will research this with the technical team and see if we can determine the problem.

I appreciate you letting me know about it!

Have a good day,

Kathy
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy,

Could not find a succes post for february, but this one you have credit for too.

Kind regards,

Robert-Jan.

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x6fe5e822e739d711abdc0090277a778c,00.html
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again Robert-Jan,

Thanks for the link; I appreciate it and will send it to the Forum Manager for the ITRC forums.

Take care,

Kathy
BR704316
Regular Advisor

Hi Kathy,

No error messages as such only that have you got any further with the suggestion that a owner can delete a message or a reply to a message?
Thanks R
if it aint broke it will some day
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the suggestion; I have passed the idea of having folks be able to edit and delete their own messages to the technical team, but I haven't heard whether or not this will happen. If I hear of anything, I'll certainly post in this thread with an update!

Thanks again; I appreciate your forum participation.

Kathy
Ed Hart
Honored Contributor

Howdy Kathy: Is there anything that can be done about the intermittent stalling/reload page keeps popping up when submitting responses? (It only happens when I need it not to!)

Thanks, Ed
"Suma Cum Difficultade"
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Ed,

I believe what you describe is caused by intermittent server problems which we've been experiencing of late. The technical team is working to minimize these glitches on an ongoing basis; I will send your message to them as a reminder that these things are still happening.

I appreciate your feedback and forum participation!

Kathy
Moe Wodnicki
Honored Contributor

Would it be possible to get a new technical team? The present one does not seem all that competent. After months of being promised a solution to the points awarding system, we recently got a "patch". The tire seems to still be leaking as I've seen 3 posts since them complaining about the inability to award points. The people posting feel bad because they can't reward the people that have helped them. The "experts" who help are disgruntled because they don't get rewarded. I myself have to confess that after I advise someone 2 or 3 times and get no points for my efforts (I usually do put "points are appreciated" at the end of the post) I quit helping. I know I'm not the only one who does this. This might be because the person is ignorant of the point system and doesn't understand what "points are appreciated" means or they've unsuccessfully tried to award them, but couldn't. There's no way for us to know which holds true. There are a lot of good IT people out of work. If you need some resumes, I can forward you some.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Moe,

The folks that are still having trouble assigning points need to clear their temporary Internet files and cookies from their PC. Please note that if you delete the cookies on your machine, you will need to make a note of the User IDs and passwords to sites you visit often, including these forums. Once this is done, we honestly haven't seen any more trouble with assigning points, although you're right that many folks don't even try to assign them, which is an ongoing discussion amongst the forum technicians.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kathy