cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix for <BR> issue?

nn6o
Honored Contributor

Fix for <BR> issue?

I'm relatively new here and I know it's a known issue, but is there any word on a fix where the forum software adds an extra hard break (
) in long hyperlinks?

It's interesting that not all long links are corrupted. For example, I recently tried to post a link to two files on ftp.compaq.com.

For example, using two files at random:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp35501-36000/sp35683.exe
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp35501-36000/sp35683.txt

You'll notice that both links are exactly the same length and the only difference is the final three letters. But the second link has hard break
inserted (../sp3
5683.txt) rendering the link useless.

Searching the archives, I found a thread with a response from a moderator that "a fix is in the pipeline", but the thread is now closed and the problem doesn't seem to be fixed:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1084187

I know that using tinyurl is a workaround, but, understandably, it's a security concern as there's no way to know exactly where the link is taking you.

Any word on when this might be fixed?

Thanks!

- nn6o
3 REPLIES
nn6o
Honored Contributor

Re: Fix for <BR> issue?

Bump...anything? Even a "can't be fixed" reply would be nice.

=)

- nn6o
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi nn60,

This fix is on the to do list. We haven't been given a time frame as to when we will see it implemented

Cheers,

Gary
nn6o
Honored Contributor

Thanks Gary. Looking forward to the fix and hoping it's sooner rather than later!

- nn6o