cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posting Issues

Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

Forum Posting Issues

Performance has been very erratic over the past few days,at times not able to connect.Other times when posting a Reply I often get an error on Submit after Preview.I did notice through trial and error that often if I skipped the Preview and just hit Submit the post was accepted.
I also have seen many threads where 0 is still listed under Replies,even though there are replies.Most recent example of that is Bhakthi's post on the Windows XP forum about Recovery.May be corrected by the time this is read,but right now 5 minutes after I posted an answer it has 0.
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
15 REPLIES
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Re: Forum Posting Issues

Unfortunatly I can confirm that aduring the last few days again I had to face serious problems with uploading replies.

So I had to return to my belts & suspenders workaroungd:
a) Mark all and copy to the clipboard prior to posting a reply;
b) when tge progress bar gets stuck, click on the submit button again;
c) on an error msg check the thread with right-clicking on the link and openeing in a new window (tabeed page);
d) In case the reply does not got uploaded, reply again pasting from the clipboard.

Unfortunately last night (0:07 GMT+1) I forgot the copy operation when submitting a reply on which I had worked app. three quarters of an hour. It went to Nirvana .

Rainald

Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Rainald
yes,I have been using the safeguard of copy to clipboard(or even notepad) as well after the last time we had this problem and it was suggested.Matter of fact that is how I found that Submit without Previewing post worked better sometimes,since I had already previewed and it failed on Submit I just pasted it and hit Submit.Hopefully that tidbit may help id some of the issues.
All seems better tonight,but I haven't really posted anything much just reading threads mainly.
``````````````````````
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Eino V
Honored Contributor

Hi Cheryl

Have they been Christmas time problems. It seems that forum works better now.

Happy New Year!
Eino
Jules
Esteemed Contributor

The earthquake in the Taiwan straits (that broke x5 of x6 undersea data cables) made my connection difficult, had to stop looking at the forum for a couple of days. Would this have anything to do with your problems perhaps?
---++++Only read the manual as a last resort++++---.
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Eino,
the incendet I reorted happiedon Jan 3rd.
IMHO no longer Christmas time

Rainald
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Cheryl,
because of the upload problems I gave up using the Preview at all a long time ago.

And to spped up and enforce an upload a second click on the Submit-button once the progress bar shows the third item really helps a lot.

Rainald
Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

As Rainald states,too late for Christmas but maybe while many HP employees were still on New Year holiday.

Happy New Year to you,Eino and everyone!
``````````````````````
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Are these employess needed for manually turning handles of dynamos in order to speed up systems or heeding the oxen in the wheel that produces the power for the forum servers

Rainald
Eino V
Honored Contributor

Rainald

Yes, the guy who must press the turbo button has been on Christmas and New Year holidays.

Eino
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

LOL
John Y
Honored Contributor

Operations in general, are still spotty at best. Another-words, normal. Allways, make a copy, before hitting submit, or...?
Eino V
Honored Contributor

Hi All

In ITRC forum was a thread with advice to speed loading web sites using Ctrl+F5:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1088480

Eino
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

John,
yes, alway mark the reply and use Ctrl+C.
And as said above: A second click on the
Submit-button once the progress bar has reached the third green rectangle is of help.

Rainald
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Performance has been really bad - sometimes it can't find the site - posting replies is really, really slow etc.......
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone [2006,2007,2008,2009,2010]
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

I was unable to reach the forum systems (ITRC and Business Support) at all last night for several hours.
23.00h - 04:00h GMT+1

I gave it up.

Rainald