Did you mean: 

Forum for "HP 500" notebooks

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Forum for "HP 500" notebooks

Hi moderators,
I stumbled over a thread on a "HP 530" in the "Armada n-Series" and I'm pretty sure that it does not belong into there.

How about adding support to one of the "HP notebooks" forums (Pavilions, Omnibooks)?

Regards
Rainald
14 REPLIES
Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Forum for "HP 500" notebooks

Hi Rainald
I also ran across one on Pavilion,Presario notebook forum for HP 500 in which a reply was posted suggesting the owner post his complete model.
I'll admit,I was not familiar with this model either,but I did at least look it up rather than admonishing the poster.
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Cheryl,
I also looked it up (prior to posting) ;-)

And was really shocked onece more by the chaos HP has on the website as far as it comes to notebooks ...

I was most surprised that they obviously introduced new naming patterns once more:
a) The HP 5xx series with any further categorization and with a "prefix".
b) The same with new HP COMPAQ models.

And it seems that there are no more Omnibooks.

So I still have no idea to which kind of forum these new series with no "family" name and no series tag might belong

Rainald
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

My request for sorted out where the new models would belong is also valid for all of the "HP COMPAQ" with no prefix.

Rainald
Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

I agree.It would seem that most of these fall into the business class machines,so maybe a same category forum?

Btw,Thanks for the help in finding specs page for that HP 530,sure me helped in search for solutions.
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Cheryl,
could it be that I'm dreaming?
I'm pretty sure that there were some more postings in this thread!!!

Could it be that quite a number of thing ahve fallen out - my reference to the QuickSpecs f.e. ????

Rainald
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Cheryl,
I'd rather see the "HP 5xx" models as relatives of the Pavilions whereas I'd rank the new "HP COMPAQ" family-less models as "business notebooks" and relatives of the n-series.
But for directing user to the "notebooks - N-Series, Armada, EVO, LTE, Tablet PC" forums a family name would be required. Perhaps: "HP COMPAQ notebooks"?

How about a new forum title
"notebooks - HP COMPAQ, COMPAQ (Armada, EVO, LTE) TabletPC"
??

Rainald
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass it on to Admin,

Cheers,

Gary
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Thanks for taking care, Gary!

BTW: I'm rather sure that at least 2 postings of mine in this therad did disappear.
Do you know how & why this happened?

Rinald
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi Rainald,

No problem. I certainly didn't remove any replies - normally if replies are removed the moderator in question would post a reply saying why they were. What was said in these replies?

Thanks,

Gary
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Tahnks fro your concern, Gary.

I can not remember that there were any removal notifications other than for some of my maintenance thread.

It might be that some over-sensitive moderator was over-reacting and did rank my postings on the "chaos" of HP's presentation of new notebooks series as "venting" and "HP-bashing" (which it was not at all).

You don't have means to check the "history" of threads?

Rainald
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi Rainald,

I don't have access to the history of threads etc. I would need to contact the administrators to check what was done,

Cheers,

Gary
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Thanks, Gary,
it would you nice wcould you spare the time for asking.
I'm really wondering why what I wrote might have been seen as violating the rules.

Rainald
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Anything, Gary?

Rainald
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi Rainald,

Sincere apologies for the delay, I have not been on the network for a number of weeks. The call for the requested information has been logged this morning,

thanks for your understanding,

Gary