Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum success stories - August 2002

CA538024
Honored Contributor

Forum success stories - August 2002

Hi Everyone,

I would appreciate it if you posted your highlights and successes you've had while using these Business Customer Discussion Groups. This ongoing (monthly) thread tries to capture the successes of forums members. For example, have you:

1. Posted a question and received a key answer that solved your problem?

2. Viewed a message thread that another forum member posted that had a solution to a problem you were trying to solve?

3. Found these discussion groups to be of particular help in sharing information, exchanging best practices, or saving you time?

I'd really like to hear from everyone -- your circumstances, the issue(s), the outcome, who was of help, time saved, etc.!

If you have examples to share, please provide the URL of the thread if possible. Thanks in advance for your input!

Best Regards,

Kathy Brockway
Forum Administrator
5 REPLIES
Milan Antunovic
Honored Contributor

Re: Forum success stories - August 2002

I found this very helpful>
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/personal_computing/support_doc/bph02301.html

Best regards
Milan
"The truth is out there"
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Thanks, Milan!

Kathy
CA827583
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kathy!

I've been fortunate to receive several replies to my recent inquiries, resulting in my taking those initial steps toward a no/nogo decision with a Scanjet I recently acquired. My progress in this "prairie outpost" is dependent upon finding the right hardware to accomodate this "critter" and hope yet remains! Altough, hmmm..., I could post this scanner as a collectible antique for another's acquisition in remembrance of wrinkled memories! : )

Sincerely, many thanks to all for their support and I am most appreciative for their patience.

David Hill
The best day is the one you make for yourself!
Da Larry
Esteemed Contributor

I've found a number of fixes for problems without having to post. The following is just the latest.
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x101257bd90a9d611abdb0090277a778c,00.html
Milan only got 1 point for his post but I would have given him 10. When I got my N5250 I immediately wiped my HD and installed Win2K so I never became familiar with the diagnostic partition or it's tools. I need to recalibrate my battery and Milan's post helped greatly.

I've also found threads discussing the inverter problem extremely helpful. My N5250 had all the issues of flickering and dimming frequently complained of. When it finally went totally dark I tried some of the fixes discussed in numerous forums, namely reseating the connectors and the inverter. It now works better than it ever did.

Lastly, (but not finally), my keyboard started dropping letters while I was in China on a two month assignment. After reading a few posts I opened up the laptop, reseated the keyboard and everything's been copacetic. It still goes out occasionally but the fix works everytime. There many more examples I could cite but I am probably boring everybody.
If it don't stink don't stir it.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi David and Laurence,

Thanks for taking the time to post how these forums have helped you.

I hope you continue to participate in them!

Kathy
Forum Administrator