cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration

Ian Dickie
Occasional Advisor

Frustration

I am fairly new to this forum. I have hopefully been able to help a couple of times with my limited knowledge. But I find it quite frustrating, when the people who post their problems, do not respond to offered solutions. Come on folks, surely it is only polite to let people know if things have improved, and if they have this can only help others with similar problems.

Sorry rant over.
5 REPLIES
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Re: Frustration

I hear you Ian, but this is just a 'feature' of foruming.

There have been times that I have spent a lot of time replying to a problem, just to hear absolutely nothing from the author of the question. But I just keep the hope that it helped, and if it didn't then it may help others.
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone [2006,2007,2008,2009,2010]
Prof Julie
Outstanding Contributor

I know what you mean, Ian. I always appreciate it when folks post back their outcomes. Even if the solutions don't resolve the issue, it's still nice to know....
Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
wms3
Regular Advisor

I agree and I always try to assign points to the folks kind enough to try to help me as well. But this forum can be EXTREMLY slow, with a lot of "server not available" messages, and so it can get frustrating.
Ian Dickie
Occasional Advisor

Thanks

For the replies guys. I will certainly try the points thing in future myself, as I said being new at this wasn't sure what they were for. I know that i have certainly been helped to come to grips with my ipaq through the forum, especially the dreaded battery drain in WM5.

Eino V
Honored Contributor

It is quite usual, that a new user is interested only about his problem. If he finds the solution, he don't mind to tell it to forum. Also assigning points sees to be difficult for new users. Probably they have not read intructions.

Eino