Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Assign Points for Answers?

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA804692
Occasional Advisor

How to Assign Points for Answers?

Sorry, but I can't figure out how to assign points to those who have answered my postings. I tried clicking in the space currently saying "unassigned" and selecting the number of points I want to assign; but when I go back into the forum the next time, it still says I have not assigned points.

I tried to find an answer for this in "Help" and FAQs, but didn't see anything that seemed to apply.

Maybe this is why so many people do not give points for answers to their questions--because they can't figure out how to do it.

What is the proper procedure for assigning points? Thanks for your help.

Margaret D. Roland
You don't have to know all the answers. You just have to know where to go to find the answers.
3 REPLIES
CA538024
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to Assign Points for Answers?

Hi Margaret,

You are doing everything right. However, I have seen what's happening to you happen before. When you try to assign points and it doesn't "take", try refreshing your browser (usually an F5), then assigning points again. I have reported this to the technical team in the hopes it can get fixed shortly.

Thanks! Let us know if that works for you.

Kathy
Forum Manager
Chris Kucy
Honored Contributor

I had the same problem once before, for me it was caused by my firewall which was blocking scripting. If you are running behind a firewall, you should check its settings for scripting. I set it to allow all scripts and it works fine now.
"File Deletion Is Murder, Hard Drive Formatting Is Genocide" Unknown
CA804692
Occasional Advisor

Hip, Hip, Hoorah! Took three tries, but it finally worked.

Don't have a firewall, but your effort in answering was worth 5 points to me.

Thanks again.

Margaret D. Roland
You don't have to know all the answers. You just have to know where to go to find the answers.