cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPAQ forums web site great, But!!

BR764289
Advisor

IPAQ forums web site great, But!!

Hi..I have been using this site for some time now, I'm not big on giving answers as their are a lot of experts out their that can give better feed back to questions then me, but if I have any problems with my IPAQ(s)I come stright to this site and try and fine the answer(s).

This is were I belive the site fails, why isnt their a page for each model instead of one page for all models, it would make finding the answers so much easier saving time in having to ask repeated questions etc...

I have several models of the IPAQ 36xx, 55xx and now the latest h6340 so have to search a lot to find the questions/answers especially the letest model having so many issues with it.

Surely I'm not the only one thinking this is the way forward for this forum site.

Wishing all member a great New Year
Don't ask me I'm just the Engineer..
9 REPLIES
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Re: IPAQ forums web site great, But!!

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your comments...

We'll look at getting your enhancement request added to the list,

In the meantime you could use the advance search options to search just the iPaq Category to narrow it down a bit,

Hope this helps & a happy new year to you also,

Gary
christak
Honored Contributor

I tend to agree with you... It's hard for me to sort through all the different topics that are discussed in this "one size fits all" arrangement and I'm only trying to "answer" questions that are posted.

I can't imagine trying to find an answer here without asking a "new" question... Makes us answer the same question many times (not that I really mind, but... you understand...)

I much prefer a Brighthand-like forum approach where there are different "sub-forums" for various platforms along with a "general" area... and a very good "search" capability.
BR764289
Advisor

HI..Thanks for the response, please to see I'm not on my own and while were talking about improvements why not add this;

when responding to members questions show the details of the user/message so I can respond better without having to go back to review what they have stated.

CA484956
Valued Contributor

Brian,
Can you ellaborate?

When you hit the reply button, you will see the author's name and original post.

Are you asking to see the last reply in the thread or the entire thread when replying?
"Downtime is a Crime."
BR709037
Honored Contributor

If it's the last point that is being requested, this can be done by right-clicking on reply and selecting open in new window/tab (depending on which browser is being used). This will allow you to have your reply window open along side the entire thread.
BR764289
Advisor

when you hit reply you only see the main question above, which is the one i worte in this case not the answer to the question which i am replying to.
CA484956
Valued Contributor

Donal's suggestion of opening up a window for the reply is the correct way to handle this.
"Downtime is a Crime."
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Hey Donal - what a great tip - I hadn't realised that you could do that - Thanks so much !!
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone [2006,2007,2008,2009,2010]
BR709037
Honored Contributor

It's a pleasure. Nice to give a tip to someone with a sun mark!