Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2003 forum issues and suggestions

CA538024
Honored Contributor

June 2003 forum issues and suggestions

Hello Everyone,

Please let me know of any technical or performance issues you experience while using the Business Customer Discussion Groups in the June 2003 timeframe by posting in this thread. Please include the URL from your web browser associated with the error messages (along with the date and time the error occurred).

Also please post any Business Customer Discussion Group feedback or suggestions you might have to improve these forums.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Kathy
Business Customer Discussion Groups
Forum Manager
19 REPLIES
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Re: June 2003 forum issues and suggestions

Kathy,

Please HELP, could you remove the last message I added to this LINK,

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x35508b82cc91d711abdc0090277a778c,00.html

Thanks,

RJ
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy,

One of the HP engineers already removed it.

Thanks,

Robert-Jan.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Robert-Jan,

I'm glad the message was removed as you requested. Let me know if you need anything else!

Take care,

Kathy
Bob Headrick
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy - this is not really a new issue, but it seems to happen more lately.

When I reply to a question in the forum I start getting email replies telling me someone has replied to the message, even though I have not checked that box in the message area. Often the email notification I get points to my response.

I do not check the "Send email to me whenever someone replies to question" box but the system seems to act as if I had.

Regards,
Bob Headrick
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll get this reported and see if the technical team can figure out what's happening.

I appreciate all of the time you spend on these forums. Take care,

Kathy
CA975901
Frequent Advisor

Would it be possible to upgrade your forums to something better like phpBB (www.phpbb.org)? Your forums don't offer any search options or similar features.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feedback. I will check out the web site you mention.

As an aside, there is a search option on each page of these forums. Look at the very top of your screen to view it. It gives you the option to search just these forums or the entire HP site.

I hope this does help you and I appreciate you taking the time to post.

Take care,

Kathy
CA975901
Frequent Advisor

In the Pavilion notebooks forum a number of people have expressed interest in an application that would return the CPU temperature. There are lots of popular PC programs that return the CPU temp but they don't support the Pavilions. Apparently HP has a proprietary method of checking the CPU temperature. Is there someone we could talk to over at HP that could show us with a little sample C code how to do this?
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hello again Bob,

As you mention, the information you request is proprietary, which means it cannot be shared. I will, however, send this request to the appropriate folks. If I receive any information that can be posted, I will do so in the Pavilion Notebook area of this forum.

Thanks!

Kathy
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Kathy,

Could you spare a moment of your time and follow this link. :)

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x1d782d88ce9cd711abdc0090277a778c,00.html

Kind regards,

Robert-Jan.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Robert-Jan,

Thanks! I have posted in that thread and will also send it to the ITRC Forum Manager, Dan.

Take care,

Kathy
CA881354
Esteemed Contributor

ok, this seems almost like i'm being paranoid about not getting mail notification to replied messages. but, really this is true, there are alot of messages that i'm not getting notification about. and sometimes i get it to my own responce.

does this gotta do with the amount of posts that i have replied to?? even though the check box was checked to receive email notification.

If It Ain't Broke, Don't F#@# With It
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Serge,

No, you're not being paranoid . The same thing is happening to me and I've reported it to the technical folks. They are working diligently to figure out what's happening so it can be fixed.

In the meantime, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for reporting it and take care.

Kathy
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Robert-Jan,

I am able to access the first site you mention; are you still having trouble with this one?

I will report the problem with the second URL; I, too, am unable to access that site.

Thanks; I hope you are able to complete your project on time!

Take care,

Kathy
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Yes Kathy,

Thanks for your fast reaction,

The Web site cannot be found
The Web site you are looking for is unavailable due to its identification configuration settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Click the Back button to try another link.
11004 - Host not found
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

I'm using google right now to search the ITRC + BCDG forums. Seems to be a European problem.

Robert-Jan.

CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again Robert-Jan,

Since this issue is with the search engine, I recommend that you report this to the ITRC support team. Please e-mail this group at itrc.support@hp.com with the URL you are having difficulty with.

Thanks!

Kathy
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Kathy,

cc to you from the mail I send to the support user at the itrc.

Dear reader,

Yesterday I could not open the itrc + bcdg search functions.

A problem which I reported to Kathy Brockway and other forum members to Dan Gazzaniga.

All the search functions are back on line again, still seems a bit strange to me without "shooting the messenger" that I should report this by mail to itrc.support.

Could you please advice me how to react in future cases.

Regards,

Robert-Jan Goossens
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the note, Robert-Jan!

I don't know all of the details, but the search engine for these forums is run under the entire ITRC infrastructure. The most expedient way to report a technical problem with that search is to e-mail the folks as I mentioned above.

Thanks for reporting this and have a great day!

Kathy